Baby Corner

Old 12-27-10, 01:52 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%
Default How was everyone's holiday?

Ours was full of surprises and was very tiring! To try and make this crazy weekend shorter, I'll just give you the highlights, lol.
  • 12/23/10-A Christmas miracle- Dh got the 2 paychecks he was owed! I could pay bills, yipee! Of course, he went out & bought me gifts when I told him not to and I had no time to get him anything.
  • Christmas Eve we set up Kendall's big girl bed. She loved it and took a nap on it and slept there all night, no problems!
  • Dh says he feels awful, like he has the flu & dd also is running a fever at church. (behaved very well at church as a result of this)
  • Christmas morning about 5:30am, a drunk driver smacked head on into a tree in our neighbors front yard. I called 911 & we stayed up watching the drama from our window.
  • We had to wake dd up about 8am to go to Gma's for breakfast & presents; she was running a fever & could have cared less about what Santa left for her.
  • Dd started feeling better, got WAY to many presents from my MIL, then she started feeling bad again. ("I'm done wif this" when she didn't want to open any more gifts!!) Took a nap, but woke up when she threw up on her new sheets.

• Later that night at GG's, dd fever is pretty high and has not gone down since we last gave ger med's. Trip to the ER, whoohoo!
  • 5 hours, chest x-ray, ears checked, and a urinalysis later- no infection, probably just the flu. Got home around 1am.
  • Stayed in all day. (good thing as it apparantly snowed a bit in the morning...in Florida!) Dh and dd taking meds, laying around, sleeping on and off.
  • Back to work.....BOO! My mom said dd temp was about 101 earlier, but she is acting fine and felt much cooler after she gave her some meds.
Ugh, even with those highlights, it is still pretty long! I feel exhausted just reading about it again! I hope everyone else's Christmas was a little less "happening" lol!

Old 12-27-10, 07:44 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

What a crazy few days!

Everett had a great time at my inlaws on Christmas Eve and crashed on the hr drive home. Then he woke up a few hrs later and kept DH up till 4:45! We were all exhausted Christmas day! We opened presents and had a nice day as a family. All the kids lived playing with Everetts toy laptop.

The day after Christmas we went back to my inlaws. Everett had a blast and got a very annoying truck toy that you pound things and it sings. He loves it and it may go into hiding soon!

I'm all partied out!

Old 12-27-10, 10:23 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

Wow, stressful weekend.

We were busy.
On 12/20 we had my MIL birhtday party and the following day we visited with DH's aunt who was up from Bolivia. She gave Joseph a letter board that talks and teaches(she's a teacher).

Christmas Eve we went to church and then to the inlaws for presents. Joseph got a piano inthe shape of a kitty and it even has a meow setting. We got home and Joseph put the cookies and carrots out. Santa got the big gifts out and then we went to bed.

Christmas morning went very nicely. We opened gifts and I ,ade breakfast. I made a green bean cassarole for dinner at Dh's grandma's and we got lots of presents there too.
I got the best complimet on my cassarole form my FIL. He said it tasted store bought.
Sunday we stayed in and had inlaws over for spaghetti to see the Santa gifts.

Old 12-28-10, 01:29 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

We had a good couple of days. My family always has Christmas Eve dinner and that is when we open gifts. My grandfather has been in and out of the hospital because of super low blood pressure and afib so we took Christmas to the hospital so we could celebrate with him. My uncle also came home from Washington DC. We had turkey and pork loin, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheese ball, sausage balls, kraut balls (YUMMO!), and dessert. We took some gifts there so they could watch Avery open then and came back to their house (where we always gather) and opened the rest of our gifts. We got Avery and indoor trampoline and gave it to her this night and she was a bouncin' fool! She loved it! She also got lots of Littlest Pet Shop pets and houses and a very cool Strawberry Shortcake doll. Christmas morning we decided to stay home and just be a family of 3. Santa came and brought Avery a puppet theater and puppets, dress up trunk and lots of costumes, Strawberry Shortcake remote control car, My Little Ponies... and lots of other stuff. We stayed at home and just played as a family for a long time. I had to go to work at 3p-11p and Mike took her to his mom's house and his dad's house and they appeared to have a great time! I got an Ipad with lots of ITunes giftcards so I was a happy girl!

Old 01-09-11, 01:44 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Ours was great. It gets better every year. My favorite was watching all the kids climb on the new dome we bought for the back yard from santa. And my sister claimed the 2 years old were too small for it

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools