Baby Corner

Old 11-09-10, 11:24 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%
Default How are our toddlers?

It's been pretty quiet on these board lately, so I thought I start this thread for a check-in. Has everyone gone into hiding?

Come out, come out where ever you are!

How is everyone and their toddlers? Any cool new skills, different behaviors, new favorites?

Old 11-09-10, 11:30 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Kendall is growing like a weed! She wears a size 6 shoe now and depending on the brand, some 2t stuff is too small. Especially pants, they are often too short, but some 3t is still a little long. But I'd rather buy her 3t then have her wear high-waters or long sleeve-tops that are too short.

She is quite the chatter-box and everyone comments on how clearly she speaks; I like to think the fact that I myself am a chatter-box & often speak to her like an adult has contributed to it....but who knows? She is so stinkin cute though & I love our "conversations."

She is finally getting her appetitie back after being sick for awhile, but the toddler pickiness is coming out & she def has her likes & dislikes. She still loves broccoli though!

I am trying to work on potty training at the moment. You can see from my other posts how that is progressing, lol.

Other than that, Dh & I worked on cleaning out the office this weekend. We got about half done. I think I am going to leave Kendall in her room & get her a twin bed with a guardrail & move the crib into the smaller room. (formerly the office) So, that is another thing we will be working on, probably after Christmas-moving her to a big girl bed.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 11-09-10 at 11:33 AM.

Old 11-09-10, 12:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%

Theron is doing great.

He's talking more and more each day and repeating every word of every book we read. I still can't get over how much he loves his little sister. He dotes on her constantly. He and his dog MoJo are totally best friends, the do everything together. He's about 90% potty trained. He still wears pull ups to bed. Speaking of bed this kid will not sleep! He goes down at 8:30 but doesn't fall asleep untill probably 11pm most nights and he's the first one up every morning. All in all everything is good.

Old 11-12-10, 02:41 AM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1720%

Having the terrible two's times two are my days with the twins. We have our good days and we have our bad days. I decided to get serious about potty training and did "potty bootcamp" with Cate this week. She has done pretty well, only one accident a day. I will focus on her twin over Christmas break when I have time off from substitute teaching. They are very much the I do it Mommy phase. They insist on doing everything their older sister does, while smothering their baby sister.

Old 11-21-10, 09:10 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Preston is .... honestly very wild! He's still the sweet, snuggly little boy but now he has a major attitude. He wants to be able to do everything his big sister does so that gets frustrating for him and me. He's a big tease and is constantly pushing me to see how far he can get sometimes. Yesterday he stood in my flowerbed in the front yard and looked at me, smiled his evil grin and started stepping all over the flowers. I sure love him, but wow he's pushing me to the edge

Cora has always been really hard for me, but lately I have been feeling more and more grateful for her and how much easier she was at this age!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools