Baby Corner

Old 11-27-10, 02:17 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

Athemia... wow, where to begin! She is in 4T going on 5T clothing and wears a size 8 1/2 shoe and just recently became (daytime) potty trained! It took her literally about 3 days to really "get it" and has only had one accident since! MAN I wish I would have gotten the ambition to try PTing sooner! I still put diapers on her if we go to the store if it's gonna be a while and at night, but she's done so well (even at the store!) and I'm proud of her!

What else, hmm... She can count to 20 with s little help here and there and she knows her A,B,C's. She's VERY sassy and has a nasty temper when she gets mad. She hasn't napped since she was just over a year old. And she still won't stay in her own room for a full night (She starts out in there but ends up in our room every night, usually on the floor next to the bed.)

Sorry, that got kinda long! But I'm still having issues with posting new threads so I can't update like I used to!

Old 11-27-10, 03:48 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

Hi!
Joseph is almost 22 months and already firmly entrenched itno his terrible twos. He has major highs and lows during the day. He is very sweet and loving but also a big ball of energy. He takes a nap about twice a week if we're lucky. I make him spend quiet time in his room twice a day. Sometimes it becomes nap time but most days it doesn't He's pretty good about sleeping at noght. He's in bed most nights by 7 and waking us up around 7 the next morning.

He's wearing 24 months in length but still fits 18 months in the waist. So, I buy the bigger size. He' in 24 months and 2t in shirts.
He's potty training pretty well. He's used it once but sits whenever I ask him to. I figure he's still young enough not to push but I'm going to put him in pull-ups starting in January. I hope to have him 75% trained by his birthday in February and 100% by September so he can go to the preschool at church.

He's maybe a little behind on speaking but does have a large vocabulary. He's just starting to really make sentences but has been following directions better and better. He's been able to do two step directions since 16 months.

He takes Kindermusik once a week. The skills he's learning there are really great as is the interaction. We made good friends with one little boy and his nanny(she's pregnant).

Old 12-01-10, 12:20 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Lukas will be 3 in March and continues to be a big kid. He's been in 3T clothes for a while and wears a size 9-1/2 shoe.

In September I learned that he has Sensory Integration Dysfunction and associated speech and fine motor delays, so he's going to occupational and speech therapy. It's really helping him to express himself better, and he's a little less volatile. We're waiting to see a developmental pediatrician to see whether or not he's on the autism spectrum.

Because of his sensory-seeking behaviors, he constantly in motion, running, jumping, climbing, somersaulting, etc., so I enrolled him in a gymnastics class. We also go to the jumping gym regularly. He's my sweet cuddler too and very forthcoming with the hugs and kisses. He can count up to 100, knows his letters by sight, and loves to sing and dance.

Old 12-04-10, 08:29 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Lucy will be 3 on Feb 28th next. She is a complete chatterbox and has us in hysterics every day. She wears size 3 clothes and in some stores she wears 3-4yrs. Size 8/9 shoes. Everyone loves her she is a real sweetheart, she never has meltdowns but the last few days she has slammed the odd door

maybe we're hitting the terrible 3's early. She is great with her counting and knows all her colours. She is still not potty trained but we've made progress that she isn't fearful of the toilet anymore she sits on it now (all day if she could) but won't pee in it

I'm hoping it falls into place for her very soon, this is one phase I'm looking forward to leaving behind.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools