Baby Corner

Old 05-27-10, 12:50 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default I am a bad, bad, bad mommy!!

So...yesterday afternoon I was changing Hope and she sat up and twisted herself---- right off of the changing table! I was staning right next to her so, it is still weird that it even happend. She dropped the toy she was playing with and fell right onto the floor. She didn't hurt herself- she landed mostly on her butt, but I feel HORRIBE! DH gave me one of the dirtiest looks I have ever seen- to think I almost hurt his precious baby girl! AHHHH!! I cried for a straight 20 minutes. We have a couple of other accidents- the worst was when she hurled herself off of the couch and DID hit her head- she was okay, but still- and of course I was the one sitting next to her when it happened. I just feel SO AWFUL! If anything ever happened to her, I would never forgive myself. I was really mad at DH, cause he was really mad after it happened, but I can't blame him. I even had my HAND on her, but she lurched and twisted SO fast she flung herself off. I remember when Joseph fell off of the table when he was in his bouncer how we all know accidents happen, but COME ON!!! How come it's always on my watch?? It made me feel like a really, really, really, bad, bad, bad mommy.

Old 05-27-10, 12:56 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

You are NOT a bad Mommy!!!! It can happen to anyone. When John was 6 months old, I fell asleep nursing him on the bed and he rolled off and got a huge bruise on his forehead. DH wasn't home but he sure was pissed when he got home and found out. He gave me the whole "if you're that tired, don't take him to bed" song and dance. Since then DS has chipped his tooth (his ONLY tooth at the time) in the bathtub on DH's watch, and a ton of other stuff. I'm convinced that I need to buy some extra insurance for this kid b/c he is SO accident prone!! He came in from playing at his grandma's yesterday morning and had a scrape on his finger, and scratch on his leg. And BIG ones. Don't worry about it. She's fine, thank goodness, and it will just cause you to be more cautious in the future. BTW, we took DS's changing table down over a month ago and mostly change him on the floor, he was just too wiggly!!!

Old 05-27-10, 01:45 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

***lurking***

You are not a bad mommy! I cannot begin to tell you the bruises & scrapes Kendall has had now that she is almost 2. Kendall is forever tripping over her own feet and depending on the surface can cause minor or major boo-boo's and running into things. On Easter, she received her 1st official knee-scrape, then about 4 hours later received her 2nd on the other knee! Poor thing knows exactly what a tube of Neosporin is for.

She received her 1st bruise on her forehead when she was about 7 or 8 months old. She was learning to sit up on her own: ya know, sliding up on the stomach & pushing up with the hands? Well, she was doing this on the hardwood floor and seemed to be having a lot of fun sliding all over the place, over & over. She got going too fast & next thing you know BAM her head hit the floor! And I was sitting on the floor right in front of her, it just happened so fast! And ya know what? I took pictures of the bruise to commerate it, hahahaha!

Old 05-27-10, 01:56 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

It's happened to ALL of us.

Old 05-27-10, 02:08 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks guys- I really needed to hear that from you all!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools