Baby Corner

Old 01-28-09, 03:04 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%
Default I am hoping this is a phase....

or growth spurt or some sort of stage and that it is back to normal soon before I go

For the past week or so, but really getting worse since Friday/Saturday, Kendall has been changing her schedule on us.

I would normally get home from work (after picking her up) around 6:30-7pm. I would BF around 7:30-8pm. We'd play, sometimes do bath, and play some more. She usually would go down without any fuss anywhere from 9-9:30pm and sleep through the night. Then I have roughly 2 hours to wash my bottles & pump parts, make coffee for the next day, pay bills or whatever else needs to be done, RELAX, and then go to bed. (you can see why we rarley dtd my SR board buddies!)

Now she plays while I try to nurse and doesn't seem interested, so I stop and do something else until she wants it again. Oh and we are also introducing solids now, so I see if she wants that instead and then try to nurse again. But she is not going to sleep! Friday night she went down after 10pm, and we had to rock to her sleep b/c she was crying when left alone in her room for too long. Saturday she barely got 30 mins of nap time while we were running around town, so we thought for sure she would go down early...nope! More like 10:30pm. Last night it was like 11:05pm!!!

My mom mentioned that she has also gone back to 3 times a day naps, the 1st one being 2-2.5 hours, 2nd about 1-1.5 hr, and the 3rd 1-1.5 hr!! So today I asked my mom if she could try to keep her awake for 1 of the naps to see if that puts her bedtime back to 9:30. Oh, I am so hoping she will go to bed at an earlier time....LOST is on tonight! And I also hope she gets over whatever is making her not want to nurse unless she is starved.....after 5 mins of her popping off every few seconds, grabbing my face, hair, shirt...I tell her, "ok guess you are not hungry now. we'll try again later." When we try again later, the same thing happens. Oy vei!

Old 01-29-09, 08:35 AM
is excited to be TTC
mama to 2 boys

Thanked 87 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Sorry! I know now that Colton is older he stays up later. He takes 30 min nap during the day and doesn't got to sleep till 9:30. Before it was 7:30 bedtime. It could be a phase though.

Old 01-29-09, 12:08 PM
is tired of sneezing
Mommy to 2 Boys

Thanked 117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 820%

Well we are still so way off schedule since he was in the hospital i dont know if we are ever going to get straightened around he has his days and nights mixed up.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools