Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers I am so not going to sleep tonight

I am so not going to sleep tonight

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-22-04, 10:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I am so not going to sleep tonight

Okay - the note in Alexis' agenda tonight from her teacher reads:

"There was a supply teacher in yesterday. She wrote me a note saying that Alexis was disruptive in class. I spoke to Alexis. Thisis the first and last time that I want to hear about this. Thanks."

Okay - so that was an hour ago that I read that - my heart is still pounding so hard in my chest I can hardly breathe.

First of all I have issues with the supply teacher that was in yesterday - as I have been at school (previous year) in the morning when she has smelled of alcohol with blood shot eyes (yes in the am) and also I have walked into the class when this supply was there and I was rather uncomfortable with the way she was handling the class. The last time I witness something I told myself the next time I would go to the principal with my concerns...

Secondly I was in the school this morning and dropped a note off to Alexis' teacher to tell her that I would be picking her up early because of an appointment... There was opportunity for the teacher to speak to me directly rather than write this - what I feel to be an aggressive note in the agenda...

Is it just me or what???

My reply was "I'm sorry to hear that - disruptive in what way? I will speak with Alexis."

But I know even now - I'm not going to leave it at that - I will have to go and speak with her tomorrow before I go to work - and I really don't have time for that - but it will drive me crazy all day tomorrow to leave this hanging...

I don't incourage my kids to misbehave and I simply do not tolerate or expect it. I deal with issues that come up promptly and usually successfully and effectively - but man I wasn't prepared for this note in this manner...

Old 09-22-04, 10:24 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

I am a teacher and I would never send a note home to a parent that was worded in such a way. I found the note to be abrupt and rather rude. I hope you do get some sleep tonight and talk to the teacher in the morning, because I think if she wants you to reinforce the message with your daughter at home she needs to give you a bit more info on the situation.

Old 09-23-04, 10:06 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow. I'd be upset too! What a rude note. Did you find out anything???????

I'd be marching up to the school too. Let us know what you found out.

What did Alexis say when you spoke to her about it??

I'm assuming "supply teachers" are substitutes??

Old 09-23-04, 10:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oye - so I went to the school this morning with my heart still pounding - no I did not sleep last night and my eyes are so puffy this morning..

The teacher was in the hall this morning outside the office when I went in. She smiled when she saw me and I said "can I speak with you" she said "yes - about the note?" Anyway to make a long story short she obtained information after school yesterday from one of the other teachers that changed the situation drastically. The supply teacher spent the whole day yelling and screaming at the kids (much like what I have encountered before) - also her teacher met the supply herself yesterday and she realized that things weren't as the supply had indicated..

I did tell the teacher that I was dissappointed that she would write me a note like that rather than talk to me in person when there had been an opportunity. Her reply was that I was in and out very quick... I think she just didn't know how to respond as the situation had changed so much since she originally wrote the note. But she did say that she wanted to make it very clear what the expectations of the kids were when she was not around....

So anyway out of all of this I now need to meet with the principal to discuss the behaviours of this supply teacher as I don't want to be dealing with these issues that are not justified...

Old 09-23-04, 11:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow. Well I still think the tone of her note was too harsh.

I'd be very concerned about having that supply teacher covering classes any more.

Let us know how your meeting w/the Principal goes.

Glad it wasn't as serious as it sounded.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools