Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers I don't like the Junie B Jones books

I don't like the Junie B Jones books

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-30-06, 04:57 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%
Default I don't like the Junie B Jones books

I read of few chapters of the 1st book and parts of the 2nd book. They are full of "stupid", "hate" & "dumb". My kids rarely use any of those words and I don't want them to start. They are all pretty mild words but still, they are mean words and I don't want them picking it up any earlier than they are going to. Kwim?

Old 03-30-06, 06:50 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Just curious - do your kids use those words much? The worst thing Rachel calls somebody is a "Meaner Teaser" whatever that is

Old 03-30-06, 08:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

No, Emma doesn't use those words unless is a rare occasion. She thinks the books are funny and she always points out to me when Junie is being rude and inappropriate.

There are plenty of other cute books to try!

Old 03-30-06, 10:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Nope, those words are "bad words" in our house and they are VERY rarely used (and almost always followed with a talking to). Like Emma, Lizzie likes to point out and talk about how we're not supposed to talk and why something is mean and rude. The stories themselves are pretty funny...

Did you take a look at the Magic Treehouse books? Bradley always found them very exciting (and there's a bit of history and other education in each one).

Old 03-31-06, 01:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Same here, we don't say those words. What I don't like about the Junie B. books is that they don't always use proper english, because they're supposed to be written from her perspective. It bugs me. But if they help Connor to want to read more, I'm OK with it.

I think Jan mentioned the Henry and Mudge books. They are adorable. Connor read 3 or 4 to himself, and I was bummed because I didn't get to read them! They are so cute.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools