Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers I have to buy a new refrigerator

I have to buy a new refrigerator

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-14-04, 12:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default I have to buy a new refrigerator

Ours is going out - just barely keeping things cold, everything in the freezer is sort of semi-soft. I'm actually thrilled to be buying a new one, I've disliked this one ever since we got it. We bought it used right before we got married, so it's about 12-13 years old. It's got the freezer on top, and I'm 5'8'', so I have to bend down to look in the fridge part, which drives me crazy! It's also got wire shelves which drive me crazy.

What do you like or not like about the your refridgerator? Any purchasing tips?

Old 09-14-04, 01:09 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Well, I have a Kenmore that has the freezer on the bottom. It looked really handy (to have the main refrig part on top) but I HATE IT. The refrig space is SO MUCH smaller and we never have enough room for tall things. I would NEVER recommend it. Get a good side by side - they have so much more room!

Old 09-14-04, 04:47 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

Only suggestion is to get the biggest one that will fit that you can afford. We have the medium-sized Whirlpool & I'm always rearanging stuff to try to make more room. Also the smaller side-by-sides have tiny freezers.

Old 09-15-04, 12:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Definitely get the biggest you have space for. I recommend the side by sides. Very handy and lots of freezer space. I also recommend an ice/water dispenser - I can live w/o mine!

Old 09-15-04, 05:27 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I disagree on the complaints about the bottom freezer. We have one with a bottom drawer-style freezer, which is really nice. It's pretty big in the freezer and wide enough that you can freeze things on cookie sheets and so on. The fridge is big too. My only complaint is that most of the fridge shelves are too high for Kaylie to reach (but she can get at the ice cream just fine!).

Amana has a bottom-drawer-freezer model that is really nice.

Joanne
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools