Baby Corner

Old 03-02-09, 09:47 AM
is is trying to do 100 things at once
Community Member

Thanked 215 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I'm so tired!

Ok, so the last 2 nights Shelby has CIO.

Last night DH was up so I don't know how long she cried but Sat night I know the 1st round was almost an hour. (DH just called and said it was 11:50 to after 2:30) This is killing me but I have got to sleep!

She is up on and off all night long at almost a year old. I don't feed her in the middle of the night she just wants some company. Any tips, suggestions, words of encouragement? She goes to bed fine but around 11 she is up and then it is ON for the rest of the night. I just hate it for her

but I keep telling myself that I will be a better mother for all 3 if I am not a walking zombie all the time. I think it is better to not even go in to her at all because once you do it gets worse.

Never had this with the boys. Garrett had a hard time going to sleep but once he did he was down for the night. Jake was a great sleeper. The sad thing is she is the most wonderful baby during the day. Such a sweet disposition.

Old 03-02-09, 10:17 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

I'm

but I had a horrible time with my daughter too. It was a nightmare but we did the CIO thing for 3 or 4 nights and after that she started sleeping for 10 or more hours straight. It sucks when you're going through it but honestly I think it was the best thing for her , me and my son at the time. I had to do this with my youngest son too but I didn't wait till he was as old and it went much faster.

Thank you savannah33!
**Jennifer** (03-02-09)

Old 03-02-09, 10:38 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ahh Jennifer

It'll take 3-4 nights for sure-- we did CIO when the boys were about 7-8mos old.... night 2 was the worst....

tonight will be tough- but I bet Tomorrow night is easier-- babies NEED atleast 10-12 hrs of straight sleep at night....her routine now includes seeing you at night, and it's hard for her to change, but the end result for you and her will be worth it

Thank you ~Kelli~!
**Jennifer** (03-02-09)

Old 03-02-09, 12:15 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

I'm sorry on the not sleeping, I totally understand as Avery is waking up now too!

Hopefully you DH can calm her for the new few nights!

Old 03-02-09, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh no.

I really hope that it doesn't take much longer to get her to sleep through the night. I wish I had some advice. But goodluck!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools