Baby Corner

Old 08-30-04, 01:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Janney, Beth & Melissa

No more lurking at the Village! I guess they decided to go through with making it private. I've been one of the lurkers over there forever, but I've never signed up and posted. Some of the people on the debate board intimidate me! Trying to decide if I should register...

Old 08-30-04, 01:46 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

LOL me too! I've never registered but I did lurk occasionally.
Its too big though, I could never keep track of who's who except for those from here that I already know.

Old 08-30-04, 02:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It is very intimidating!!! A lot of the time, I don't respond to some of the big "debate" posts because I know I'm going to get pounced on because I can't articulate exactly what I'm thinking.

There were some guys who signed up a couple weeks ago who were causing trouble so that's when then whole privacy thing came up.

I like to read and there is more traffic there for the major questions I have, but I'm not close to anyone there like I am here.

Old 08-30-04, 04:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It can be intimidating, but I've gotten to know some of those ladies and they are very supportive and sweet when they need to be. It took me a while to really jump in. There are a few gals over there that I'd like to smack silly most of the time but I just ignore them.

Old 08-30-04, 04:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1212
Trying to decide if I should register...
Oh so far its not private, but you have to logged in to access the specific boards. go ahead and register and stick to Chit Chat for a while then you can jump in on the Round Table when you get to know ppl.

I would however recommend that you post an introduction at Chit Chat and say where you found the place (through me, Melissa or Janney) so they know you aren't a "troll".
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools