Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Kaylie has to see an orthodontist already!

Kaylie has to see an orthodontist already!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-27-05, 06:59 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Kaylie has to see an orthodontist already!

My goodness! Our dentist isn't into super-early orthodontics, but Kaylie's lower teeth are such a mess she recommended we have a consultation sooner rather than later. The orthodontist she recommended also doesn't usually do work at such a young age, but we'll see what he says when we looks in her mouth!

Three of her center four bottom teeth have hogged the space from the four baby teeth, so that fourth big tooth is coming in completely behind the other three. Her mouth is so tiny and her teeth are huge!

Is anybody else looking at orthodontics soon?

Jo

Old 09-27-05, 09:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Wow - that is early... Alexis will need work - but the dentist said that her adult teeth have to finish coming in before they can really do anything - otherwise things will just continue to move. Alexis also has what they call a peg tooth (at least one for now anyway) - it is an adult tooth that is the size of a baby tooth - so on top of orthodontics they will have to rebuild the tooth...

How long will you have to wait to see the orthodontist?

Old 09-27-05, 11:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I'll know in next month but it's not unheard of. Emma's front teeth are very bucked right now.

Old 09-27-05, 11:24 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 882.5%

My brother's teeth were like Kaylie's. He had braces for 5 yrs

He had sucked his thumb until Kindy so that was a big reason.

I think Rachel will need braces, but the dentist hasn't said much yet. Her top teeth came in in front of the baby teeth so for a while she had a few doubles.

I've never heard of a "peg" tooth.

Old 09-28-05, 08:10 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Our dentist in Michigan was going to have Liz start going to the orthodontist after her next regular cleaning (due in December). However, now we've moved, I don't know what the new dentist will say or do.

Lizzie's also got very tiny little baby teeth and with the adult teeth coming in, it's just way too crowded. I think the orthodontist will probably want to do something like my sister had. It's a "spreader" that will open up the jaw a little to make some more room.

I had a similar problem with not enough room when I was little and they just kept pulling my teeth to make room for the next ones. I ended up not needing braces and my teeth are almost perfectly straight.

I'm all for early orthodontics if it will help the situation and help avoid drastic measures later on. I'm hoping our new dentist here will want to proceed with that.

Latest Articles
Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools