Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
This kid cannot give up his nap!

This kid cannot give up his nap!

Reply Post New Topic

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 03-12-10 | 10:12 PM
  • Lukas is showing signs that he's heading for no nap soon. I've been here before with Marek. He started refusing to sleep when he was two, and had stopped completely by 27 months. This week, Lukas napped one day in five. He spent over an hour in his room each time, and never stopped jumping up and down in his crib and complaining.

I've just in the last six months gotten Marek to play independently for a half hour at a time during Lukas's nap so I get a little downtime. I will have no downtime at all during the day if Lukas gives up his nap now.

Does anyone else have a non-napper or one who seems to be avoiding their nap?
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 03-13-10 | 08:02 AM
  • Avery!

It is almost impossible to get Avery to nap at home anymore. We have always napped together during the day since I work nightshift. I can't even get her to lay down with me anymore. Occasionally she will crawl into my lap if we are watching tv and fall asleep but rarely. If we are out and about and she hasn't had a nap... she almost always falls asleep in the car around 4:30 or 5:00.
Thank you brandimichelle!
rudolphia (03-13-10)
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 03-13-10 | 10:24 AM
  • And it stinks when they fall asleep late, because that messes up bedtime. Marek always did that when he was in the early stages of non-napping, then he'd be up until 10:00 or 11:00.
  • CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 03-13-10 | 04:53 PM
  • Chloe will catnap in the car when I drive DH to work (noonish)... she will rarely nap at home. I get no real downtime during the day, until she goes to bed

I'm not liking this no nap business!!!!

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo