Baby Corner

Old 09-17-10, 11:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Knowing their name

Does your toddler know his or her name, and talk to themselves? Recently, when Ava sees herself in the mirror she will point and say "Ava." And then this evening she was playing with something and yelled at herself "Ava-NO NO!" I couldnt stop laughing. She will also knock on a door and if you say "Who is it?" She will say, "Its me AVA!" Just the cutest thing to me.

Old 09-18-10, 02:41 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Lukas knows his name, but doesn't say it much, and I think he has trouble pronouncing it, to tell the truth. Tonight was one of the few times I've heard him say it recently. We have those foam letters in the bathtub, and I spelled his name on the side of the tub with the letters. And he repeated each letter and then said what sounded like "Ukkis." I think he really has trouble with the "L" sound.

It's weird, though, because Marek still likes to refer to himself in the third person, which is just adorable to me. "Marek wants to play mini golf." He uses pronouns too, but he likes to call himself by his first name a lot.

Old 09-18-10, 11:24 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

Avery knows her name and has for a long time. We have little sticker people on the back of my vehicle and we taught her by pointing at "Daddy, Mommy, and Avery" and she has been able to say it for a long time. She does talk through her nose when she says it.... "ehvere" is what it sounds like.

Old 09-18-10, 05:46 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Lucy knows her name ..ask and she'll say Lucy Whelan but pronounces the Whelan as Wheeelan

but she refers to herself as Lulu which is our pet name for her. She talks in third person alot and again it's Lulu do this or Lulu help or Lulu get it etc..

Old 09-19-10, 06:34 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Kendall knows her name & has for awhile; I just love hearing her say it, it's so adorable! She also knows our names and can actually pronounce mine pretty well, when most kids don't even attempt it. (or like my nephew who called me by my Dh's name for about 2 years)

We are working on her letters now and she can recognize some letters & loves to point it out that she knows. Like when she sees a 'K' she says "a Kendall!" or an 'E' she'll say "a Ethan!" (my nephew) If you ask her to bring you the 'S' for Scott, she'll go grab the 'S' magnet from the fridge & bring it to you. It's a great crowd pleaser, lol!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools