Baby Corner

Old 09-11-09, 03:30 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Lucy has an infection!

in her big toe!!!! of all places to get an infection..I have no idea how it happened or when it got so bad because I was running to the bank today and in such a hurry I put Lucy in her seat with no shoes on and when I got out I took her out and was trying to put her shoes on when I noticed her toe was all swollen and red and had a yellow/green patch around it..I know it wasn't like that this morning as I have to wrestle her to get dressed and I had put socks on her and her toe was not like that..anywho Karl thought it could be an ingrown toe nail as he had had one years back and it was agony so I called the doctor and they had a cancellation..its not an ingrown toe nail but its infected so she is on pennicillin for a week and I've to bath her toe in salty water.
It wasn't her normal doctor so she asked if she was allergic to pennicillin and I said I had no idea as she had never been on an antibiotic and she looked at me like I had two heads

and the pharmacist was the same when she was giving me the antibiotic so she proceeded to frighten the life out of me by giving me a list of reactions to look out for..

Miss Lucy is certainly not off colour as she has been running round chasing the dogs and wrestling them to the floor

I feel sad that she has to take the antibiotic as I was always sick as a child and dreaded Lucy being the same..she's not she is really healthy thank God but still antibiotics lower the immune system and winter approaching that's all I need.

Old 09-12-09, 06:36 PM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

A

the poor baby I hope it heals quickly.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools