Baby Corner

Old 09-04-09, 06:27 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Lyla may have a UTI too!

i've had a heck of a few days... tues night lyla woke up with a 104 fever-- it has been up and down since then, no appetite, won't drink anything-- sounds just like Kendall.

I took her to the dr yesterday and they sent me home to get a urine sample- talk about stress.... I finally got one at 8:30pm..... taking it in this morning for a quick test before then send it out for analysis-- I really hope they give me an antibiotic and don't make me wait-- it really has to be it.....

she was up at 5am with another 104 fever-- I just got her back to sleep... but I was all freaked about about everything kendall's mom said too-- so this post makes me feel a bit better....

Lyla fell back asleep- so I hope she can rest up and be thirsty when she wakes up again- i've been forcing her to drink and it's been horrible!!!

keep you posted- going in at 8:30am....

Old 09-04-09, 08:47 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

Oh poor Lyla.... and Kendall! I hope they give you some antibiotics and it fixes it quickly!

Old 09-04-09, 09:04 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

Oh, poor Lyla! They sent you home to get a urine sample? We had to sit in the ped's office with her wearing a urine bag for a LONG time.

Yesterday I took her back in so they could do another urinalysis since she started the antibiotics on Monday. Of course, she wouldn't drink the juice I brought! So you know how we got her to pee? There was a sink near the room they put us, so I put Kendall on the counter & turned on the warm water & let her play in it with her feet & hands for about 3 minutes......the urine bag practically overflowed! They said her urine looked fine, but that they would send another sample out for a urine culture. They also said the doctor won'y send us for an ultrasound on her bladder until after the meds are done. I am kinda hoping they don't send us at all. Kendall is starting to remember what doc office, nurse, etc look like and she does NOT like them!

Hope Miss Lyla feels better soon! The antibiotics do seem to be working for Miss Kendall!

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 09-04-09 at 09:10 AM.

Old 09-04-09, 04:37 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

aw poor Lyla and poor you

you have both been through the mill. I hope you get answers asap and you can get some antibiotics into her quickly so she can be back to her happy self. I can't imagine the stress of getting a urine sample

glad to hear Miss Kendall is feeling better and what a way to get her sample

at least you got the job done

feel better soon babies

Old 09-04-09, 09:23 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

thanks ladies-- it's been a heck of a day...

so I got the urine sample by letting her play in the tub with me- they wanted a 'clean' catch- so they didnt want to use a bag-- but any who- the real stress was getting her to drink enough!

so this morning- we dropped off her sample and it showed signs of everything- so they put her on an antibiotic- but after 2 hrs she got lethargic, fever spiked back up, and she was NOT herself- so they sent us to the er-- they drew blood *not fun- took 2 tried

but thankfull showed no signs of kidney issues- but they are worried of a virus on top of a uti... so.... we sat for a while, gave her an iv, and a dose of iv antibiotics- then we;ll start back on the others tomorrow...

what a whirlwind... so exhausted!

but she certainly has perked up some- and drank some fluids tonight and ate a 1/2 of a pbj- so that was good...

ahhh motherhood

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools