Baby Corner

Old 03-15-06, 01:07 PM
Surviving Life Somehow

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default May be gone for 2 weeks

Awhile back this couple in our neighborhood had to move into a hotel for about 2 weeks because there was a problem with their floors and they have the same floor plan as us. Well, the company (builder) gave them a hard time and even said if they tell anyone with that floor plan about it they will sue them. We have a lot of problems (some the same as the other people and some not) and so we contacted the corporate office. We were expecting to be put off. (they told the other people they would maybe address the other people with this plan at their 11 month walk through if the owner's brought it up. So, that to us sounded like they didn't want to do anything. We would wait till our 11 month, but I will be about to or having a baby about that time. lol)

Well, we emailed them Monday and yesterday we get an email saying that they forwarded it to some internal supervisor. Well, that supervisor called Tuesday morning and is coming Friday to look at and discuse our problems.

Now, hopefully they can do everything we want them to do and pay for everything. We are going to nickel and dime them. They will have to get us at least 2 hotel rooms or a suite. (6 person family) Also, we are going to make them pay for our food, gas (hotel will be a longer commute to girls school since we have to go 20-30 miles to one of the closest malls for a suite hotel), laundry costs, cost to board our cats, etc..... (They did pay $100 a night for the other couple's hotel plus food, but we will need more then $100. A suite is about 140 and two regular rooms are about $160.)

So, I may be gone for a couple of weeks some time in April. I am hoping it to be the earlier part. (the kids are on spring break and I would love to be back in the house for jenny's birthday at the end of April.)

I will keep everyone updated.

Old 03-15-06, 02:47 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1412%

That is a huge PITA! There isn't any way to fix it without moving during the time?

Old 03-16-06, 07:03 AM
Surviving Life Somehow

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I wish there was, but they have to replace and rebuild the whole 2nd story of the house and there is no bathroom downstairs. (well, half a bath.)

Old 03-16-06, 01:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Wow, what a bummer. Is your closest mall Town Center? Keep in touch!

Old 03-16-06, 04:04 PM
Surviving Life Somehow

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Jan, actually North Point is the same if not a few miles shorter than Town Center. Plus, North Point is closer to Don's work. (He works at hwy's 400 and 285. That and Jenny's pre-k is right off hwy 140. (arnold mill rd or houze rd.)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools