Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Miserable day in the lab & they want me in AGAIN!

Miserable day in the lab & they want me in AGAIN!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-31-05, 07:03 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%
Default Miserable day in the lab & they want me in AGAIN!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh! I was in the lab for 6.5 hours on Friday! My doctor scheduled a FIVE hour glucose test with insulin testing so I got poked 6 times. Both arms are bruised. All afternoon the people that work there kept coming in with food for lunch and they they started going thru the candy bowl. I hadn't eaten except the pukey glucose drink since 6pm thurs nite. At about 1:00 I started feeling really shaky & crappy & pulled two chairs together so I could scrunch up and lay down. They wouldn't let me leave the freezing cold waiting room to go sit in my warm (comfortable) car between blood draws. Liability reasons they said - in case I passed out. Yeah right. When it was time to leave I had to ask if I could have some of the candy. Yeah they were just SO concerned about me all day but it doesn't dawn on them that I could pass out after not eating for almost 24 hours. Shows how concerned they really were. They just didn't trust me to not eat. I should have just walked out...its not like they could have locked me in.

And now they called to say they forgot to do the insulin part so they want me back in for another 2 hour test. That means another 3 blood draws and probably close to 3 hrs in the freezing waiting room again. I am so pissed off at that lab.

I have a call in to my doctor to see if its really needed and how soon. If I really do need to do this they had better not bill for a 2nd round of tests. I haven't met my insurance deductible & I'm NOT paying for their screw-up!

Well now I got that off my chest maybe I won't bite the doctor's head off when she calls

Old 11-01-05, 06:40 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

What a horrible test! I guess you know next time to bring a warm sweater. I'm pissed that they forgot to do your insulin. I agree you should not have to pay for the re-test.

Let us know what the tests reveal.

Jo

Old 11-01-05, 09:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That sounds horrible! Bring a warm sweater and a good book to the next one. Maybe you should stick some healthy snacks in your purse for when you're done. I hope everything comes out OK for you.

Old 11-02-05, 06:02 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Its not a sweater I need but a big blanket or sleeping bag! I had a sweatshirt but my legs and feet were icy. I brought the book Holes with me and finished it, then started on a 2nd book. I tried to do a crosstitch but by that time I was too shaky & feeling too crappy to do it.

So I called my doctor on Mon and again this morning and she hasn't called back yet. I know its not an emergency, but that is rude. SHE is pissing me off now!

BTW Holes was a really good book, easy to read & had a great ending.

Old 11-02-05, 09:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am sorry you went through this! Alex just got holes, maybe we should read it together.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools