Baby Corner

Old 09-13-04, 12:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default My little soccer star!

Connor's first game was Saturday, and he did so great! Actually the whole team did great. It was so fun to watch. I couldn't believe that they actually sort of got the rules of the game because at practice they didn't seem to understand at all. But they came through at game time. We have a really nice coach, it is mostly important to him that all the kids have fun and everyone gets treated fairly.

AND my little guy scored two goals! It was his total focus going in that he wanted to score a goal. Every time he got the ball he would just get this serious look on his face and start charging toward the goal (sometimes leaving the ball behind, LOL). But he scored twice! It was a great confidence booster for him. We were quite proud and had to call grandma and grandpa when we got home to share the big news!

Here's his soccer picture

Old 09-13-04, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Way to go!!

Old 09-13-04, 01:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Way to go, Connor! Isn't it so exciting to watch them when they "get it"?

Liz's first soccer game was also Saturday morning. Her team did GREAT (the parents were all joking about how the team is very competitive in a non-competitive league) and won the game 8 - 3 (although we're not supposed to keep score

). And Liz scored 3 GOALS!!!!!!! We were so proud of her.

Bradley's league started Saturday, too (all we did all weekend was soccer, it seemed!). He's in a competitive league now, but unfortunately the group of boys from our neighborhood never seem to be a competitive force. Bradley finally seems to be feeling the competition and stepping up (he's always had some skill, but never the aggressiveness needed for soccer) and the team is playing like a team - running plays and passing the ball. However, two games this weekend and they lost both of them. It's too bad, and we feel a little guilty because we're excited that Liz's team is so good already and we're thinking it'll be fun to watch her games for years to come!

Anyway, we love soccer and I'm glad to hear that Connor enjoys it and had a great first game!

Old 09-13-04, 02:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I used to love to watch Brandon play T-Ball. Its so much fun.

I'm so glad Conner enjoys it!!!! Yay for Conner!

I am gonna sign Brandon up for soccer in the Spring. He seems really excited about it.

Old 09-13-04, 03:33 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hooray to Liz & Connor, our soccer stars!!!

Kaylie had her first game Saturday too. Her team played well although they lost 0-2. Kaylie was pretty aggressive and is a fast runner, but she got very tired. She was goalie for one quarter and blocked a lot of goal attempts.

Can't wait for next week's game!

Jo
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools