Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

My poor baby....

Reply Post New Topic

• ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 03-05-08 | 12:31 PM
  • we're in the hospital....

Miss Lyla has rsv....

Monday night she woke up very irritable and wouldnt let me put her down..... in the morning she had a fever of 101.4-- so off to the ER we went....

Maryann- I feel your pain! they did the rsv and flu tests first-- suctioned her nose to get secretions-- then they tried to give her a catheter- she was NOT having that- so they ended up putting a little bag on her to try and catch her urine for testing and cultures-- then they took blood for the same.

Since her RSV test was positive- they thankfully did not do a spinal bc less then 1% of babies with rsv have a bacteria infection also--

we're here for atleast 2 more days-- her fever broke and she's eating and sleeping well- it's just a waiting game to see if the virus produces more mucus then she can handle so theres a fear of sleep apnea and breathing issues....

pray for us.... sigh.
  • hayley27 hayley27's Avatar 03-05-08 | 12:43 PM
  • Kelli, I'm soooo sorry!!!!
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 03-05-08 | 12:50 PM

•  
    Sending prayers that Lyla recovers quickly and you can both get home ASAP..

• holly302 03-05-08 | 12:53 PM
  • oh, kelli.

im sorry. poor baby. i hate these colds!
    i hope that she gets better ASAP and back at home.

stay strong. and i will be praying for you both.

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 03-05-08 | 01:27 PM
  • oooh kelli, i'm so sorry!!!

hope that she gets better really soon... lots of prayers coming your way! poor lyla!

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!