Baby Corner

Old 03-22-11, 07:30 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I am conflicted as to what to do. I just turned ds around in my car last week - he is the size of a 2 yr old too, so he was very squishy and I was having a tougher and tougher time buckling him in. I asked the ped and he said switch him. I had to remove the seat anyway to move up the straps, so I figured it was a good time to turn him. Dd turned at 10 months since she was even taller and my car (and her carseat) was smaller then.

Old 03-27-11, 03:18 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had to turn Everett because he hit the weight limit for rear facing safely last month. It doesn't matter if their legs need to be crossed. Everett would put his up the back of the seat. It's their back length and weight that matter. Everett is wearing a 4T and is a huge, solid kid.

Christine is 9 and still in a hbb. She's much too small to fit into a seatbelt properly. Nicole is in one too for the side impact protection it provides. They will stay in them for as long as I can get them to. Their boosters will fit small adults!
Thank you LAB!
teddybear1082 (03-29-11)

Old 03-29-11, 01:44 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We turned him back- I had a marathon 70 in the car ds never even rides in. When I put that in rear facing he fit awesome. I wasn't worried about having to cross his legs- it was just getting impossible to maneuver him so he was sitting right in the seat in the other one. I figured it was better to have him forward and strapped in properly than rear facing and strapped in poorly, but luckily we solved that problem.

Old 03-30-11, 08:52 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm glad you were able to work it out! We have a Britax Boulevard for Everett, but it only goes to 35 lbs rear facing. He's so big it was a little hard to get him in, but it was a minor inconvenience. Everett lasted until 22 months when he got too heavy. My baby is a lightweight (of course I got a huge infant seat for him!) and will probably be rear facing until he's three. I plan to rear face until he is too heavy. It's so much safer!
Thank you LAB!
teddybear1082 (04-06-11)

Old 06-24-11, 11:46 PM
is just relaxing after a long day of being ill have no clue what happen but it hit me at 5 am
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

well my son is 16 months and weights 26lbs I put him frontward facing when he got out of the infant carrier and went into a britax cowmoofladge carseat at a year old
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools