Baby Corner

Old 06-11-10, 08:54 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 37.14%
Default Normal or Concerning?

Presley will be 10 months old on the 26th. She does not crawl! She refuses. She will get on her belly and scream and scoots backwards but will not get up on all 4. She hates being on her stomach! She does not pull herself up either. If she is holding both of your hands from a sitting position you can tell she is trying to pull herself up but just doesnt have the strength. I feel like it is my fault cause I kept saying that she is my last baby and I want to keep her a baby for as long as I can.

Yesterday we were able to get her to stand on her own for like 5 seconds but she fell onto her butt and now she is scared to try again. My mom said I never crawled but I was walking at 8 months and 3 days. I am just concerned that she may have something going on muscular wise or maybe she will eventually get it! Any of you experienced this with other children or know someone who had a lazy baby? Thanks!

**Just wanted to add that she weighs 18lbs but is very slender. The dress she had on yesterday was 3-6 months and it fit really well.

Last edited by Keepers; 06-11-10 at 08:58 AM.

Old 06-11-10, 10:55 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

I know what it is to worry about your little one.

Remember that crawling is NOT a developmental milestone. Not all babies crawl. Alex didn't start crawling until almost 14 months. Even now at almost 16.5 months, he has only stood alone for about 5 seconds, even with his leg braces.

My first DD crawled at about 9.5 months, and our second DD crawled at about 10.5 months (and she was only 16 pounds at her one-year well check). Presley hasn't had a problem sitting alone, using both sides of her body equally. I don't see any cause for concern--but--you should follow your "Mama Instinct". If you truly believe that there is something wrong with her physical abilities, check with your pediatrician. I knew VERY EARLY ON that Alex had something "wrong" and no one really listened until he was 6 months old and again at his 1-year visit. So follow that gut feeling.

Old 06-11-10, 11:07 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

Thanks Deanna that makes me feel better. I dont think there is anything wrong with her. I just wish she would show some interest in crawling or pulling up, you know? She used to roll front to back and back to front but she has since stopped. Now she just screams when on her stomach, but wont roll over and she is fine on her back and shows no interest in turning to her belly. But when she was 5 & 6 months she would. I dont know. We dont go back to the peds until she is one. I will talk to her then I guess if she still isnt doing anything! I truly appreciate your words!

Old 06-11-10, 11:44 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 115.71%

Can she sit up unassisted? Does she go from tummy to sitting alone?

By 10 months old the rolling thing would concern me way more than not crawling especially if she was doing it and then stopped.

Old 06-11-10, 11:48 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

She can sit up unassisted but she can not go from sitting to tummy or tummy to sitting.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools