Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
Not again! Flu Vaccine shortage AGAIN!

Not again! Flu Vaccine shortage AGAIN!

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 10-07-04 | 07:52 PM
  • UGH are we going to have a repeat of last years horrible flu season?? Wahhh DH had me so stressed about it last year!

I called the pediatrician & she took our names & said she'd call to schedule appts. She said they pre-ordered & had plenty...but thats what Kaiser said last year & then they cancelled my appt the day before we were to come in! This doctor is not thru Kaiser, but they ran out last year too.

• PollyS PollyS's Avatar 10-07-04 | 11:23 PM
  • there is a shortage here in Mississippi also. The news said the priority would go to babies 6-23 months old (Abigail is 26 months) and those over 65 and then those with high risk.... yadda yadda yadda.

I asked the pediatrician this week when I was in with both kids, if I should get them one this year. Without hesitation she said yes! But said their shipment wouldn't be in until the 3rd week of October. I hope both are well by then!

I am not worried about myself. I wash my hands TONS!!
  • Diane1212 Diane1212's Avatar 10-08-04 | 12:16 PM
  • I have heard about this on the news, it does seem like after last year's shortage they would have compensated!
  • belle81 belle81's Avatar 10-09-04 | 12:01 PM

•  
    I have heard about this on the news, it does seem like after last year's shortage they would have compensated!
    They did, but half of the flu shots got contaminated somehow and they had to throw them out.
  • NewYearsMom NewYearsMom's Avatar 10-09-04 | 12:28 PM
  • I really wouldn't worry about it unless you are in a risk group for the flu. It is not high risk for catching the flu(which is apparently what most are concerned about) it is high risk for cmplications should you come down with the flu...mainly infants and toddlers, the elderly and immunosupressed individuals. The only people who are an an inherently increased risk for getting the disease are healthcare workers. Even for those individuals...washing hands is the best defense.
    Bottom line...don't panic...just wash wash wash those hands!! (and make sure your kids know how important it is too

)