Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Ok a serious question....

Ok a serious question....

Topic is CLosed Post New Topic  

Old 12-16-09, 06:01 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1146.21%
Default Ok a serious question....

Ok I know we have about half a dozen boys or so in this group and I was on another forum talking about circumcision. Joseph is circumcised. I believe it is cleaner and DH says that he is happy and has never had a problem with loss of sexual sensation or anything like that. Plus DH is so in charge of potty training so no awkward questions about looking different then daddy.
So I was wondering how many of the other boys here got circumcised at birth? If you decided for it was it just a religious or hygiene thing or was there another reason? If you decided against it will you support your son if he decides he wants it later because he's a minority in gym or whatever? I know that this is becoming less of a rarity but still.

Those who have girls this year but have boys and those that are planning to have more babies please chime in on your feelings too.

Old 12-16-09, 06:25 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.28%

I have two boys and circumcised both. I honestly was ambivalent about it. I'd read opinions on both sides, and wasn't swayed either way, so I left it up to dh, since he was the one with experience in that area. Dh is circumcised and wanted the boys circ'd too, so that's the direction we went. I know plenty of people who have passed on circumcision, and I respect that.
Thank you rudolphia!
lauralkemp (12-16-09)

Old 12-16-09, 08:11 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1146.21%

I respect it too. I know this is the potential to be a can of worms but hey, we're all friends here.

Old 12-16-09, 08:16 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5935.86%

We're pretty much in the same boat as Rudi. I was also pretty ambivilent and had no opinions either way. DH is circ'd and thought that Alex should be, too, so we went with that.

I talked to my OB about it and she said that SHE would be the one doing the procedure because it's considered "surgery" so only a surgeon could do it. They don't let just anybody perform circumcisions at that hospital so I felt very comfortable with her handling him.

But I also know plenty of moms who opted to pass on the circ and that's fine, too. To each his own--literally.

Thank you Dopey406!
lauralkemp (12-16-09)

Old 12-16-09, 08:33 PM
is proud of my kids!
Josh and Xavier's Mom
"Pregnancy Board Contest Winner!! - 8/1/11"

Thanked 32 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 35.86%

Both of my boys are circumsized.

I did it for both of them because I felt that it is cleaner, and I never had any other thoughts of not circumsizing my children.

Latest Articles
Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

Baby Names for Spring Babies
If you are looking for a unique baby name for your Spring baby, look no further. Check out these names for your Spring baby boy or girl.

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date
New guidelines for a more accurate estimation of conception date and due date have been introduced by the American College of Gynecologists and Obstetricians and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.

February 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations hdavid!

Calculators & Tools