Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Ooh, boy, here we go with my brother again.

Ooh, boy, here we go with my brother again.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-01-05, 07:46 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Unhappy Ooh, boy, here we go with my brother again.

Last you heard my brother had relapsed with heroin, confessed to his PO, and was supposedly going to do inpatient rehab. I talked with him last weekend (around 10/23) and he said he'd been clean two weeks.

Well..... he went to his PO appointment on Monday 10/24, and tested positive. Ugh! They confiscated his car keys (the idiot drove there, about 40 miles) and put him in jail. Apparently he has been skipping PO appointments, and failed to appear for an inpatient rehab bed his PO had lined up for him. She has had it with him, and is recommending 12-18 months back in prison.

His Public Defender called to see if we were willing to put up bail

Yeah, right. I love my brother dearly but am not bailing him out or helping him any more. I think five months of him living with me was more than generous. I hate to "write him off" but I don't know what else to do.

I guess this will be a great lesson for my kids about the evils of drug use.

Jo

Old 11-01-05, 10:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I'm sorry, Jo. I know you really tried to help him. I hope he can get his act together some day.

Old 11-02-05, 10:00 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I'm sorry Jo!!! It has to be really hard to want to help out but also after being burned not wanting to either. I hope he gets his act together!

Old 11-02-05, 04:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneE

His Public Defender called to see if we were willing to put up bail

Yeah, right. I love my brother dearly but am not bailing him out or helping him any more. I think five months of him living with me was more than generous. I hate to "write him off" but I don't know what else to do.

I guess this will be a great lesson for my kids about the evils of drug use.

Jo
As hard as is must be for you to say NO, I would do the same thing. You have gone above and beyond and maybe if noone helps him this time it will be the catlyst for some permanent change.

I'm so sorry for your brother and I hope like heck that he can find a way to get clean and stay that way.

Old 11-02-05, 06:53 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 941.33%

I'm sorry Joanne.

Not bailing him out was the right thing to do. You have done all you can to help him.

I never could understand why anybody would show up for a drug test if there was any chance it would come out positive. I guess that shows how the drugs really mess up your brains.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools