Baby Corner

Old 12-08-08, 06:49 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Talking Our Birthstories

Post your birthstories here so we can read all about how our wonderful babies came into the world

Old 12-08-08, 06:52 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Friday night dh and I went to bed around 11:30 or so. By 1:00 I woke up to use the bathroom and started having some contractions. I went back to bed and by 1:30 they were 2 minutes apart and lasted about a minute or more each so I woke up dh and told him I think we might need to go in...

My BIL lives with us and he was going to take care of the kids when we went in, BUT he had gone out with some friends Fri night and hadn't yet returned home. Dh tried calling and couldn't get ahold of him! So he tried his parents. Again, no answer... So we both kept trying until finally we got ahold of his parents who said they'd be right over (they live about 5 minutes away). Then dh's brother called and said he'd be right home. Everyone got here around the same time, so we sent his parents home.

When we got to the hospital, security took me up to L&D and got me set up. After I changed into a gown, the nurse came in and was asking the usual questions (you know, the ones they should already know the answers to but ask anyway?) The midwife then came in and checked me. I was already 7-8 cms and 100% effaced!

Since we asked ahead of time if it was ok, they called my regular OB and she came right in! She checked me right away to see if I'd made any progress then asked if I wanted her to break my water bc my contractions were getting so bad anyway...

She broke my water and the contractions were just HORRIBLE and very close together so she checked me once more and said I could do short little pushes with the contractions as long as I didn't push hard... A short while later I said I needed to push and she told me to go ahead... 3 1/2 mins later baby Athemia was born at 4:13 am!!! So total labor time was about 3 1/2 hours and total pushing time was 3 1/2 minutes!!! Yay for a short labor and delivery!!!

Old 12-08-08, 10:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

This past Saturday (Sept 27) I woke up at 4:00 am, and I noticed that my underwear was damp. I honestly thought I had an accident, so I got up and put a pad on just in case it happened again. I went back into my room and checked the bed to see if it wet. DH heard me up and asked if i was ok. i told him what was going on and I laid back down. Then at 4:30 I felt this sudden gush of water and I ran to the bathroom. Sure enough my water had broke. I screamed for DH to bring me the phone and to start getting our stuff together. The doctor finally called back 15 mins later and he told me to come on in to the hospital because I tested postive for the Group B Strep. We had to wake the girls up and get them ready, so I put a towel around me like a sumo wrestler to help DH. Water was everywhere and I couldn't believe how much I was leaking. My oldest DD was a great help with getting stuff ready and I was grateful because the contractions had started and I was in a lot of pain. We finally got to the hospital around 6:00 am, and my mother and sister were there waiting for us. My sister took the girls to her house and we went into Labor & Delivery. By then the contractions were 3 mins apart and I was screaming in pain. They put me in a wheelchair and I couldn't believe they made me sit there in registration with water coming out of me like a waterfall. Once that was done, they wheeled me on back into the room and I got up on the bed. My doctor walked in right behind us and checked me. I couldn't believe it when he said I was already 9 cm dilated and we better get a move on it! He said he couldn't feel the babys head so we needed to do a sonogram. Of course every bad thing started running through my head and I was so scared I would need a C-Section and there wouldn't be time for an epidural. I started crying and I was shaking so bad. The machine finally arrived and the doctor confirmed that the babys head was down and there was some time if I wanted to get an epidural. 5 mins later the anesthesia doc arrived and I couldn't believe how fast everything was going. I was really nervous about getting the epidural, but after getting all of those rabies shots over the past month; it really was a piece of cake. By this time it was about 7:00 am, and I was able to lay there and try to prepare myself for everything. Around 7:30, I felt this sudden urge to push and I screamed for the doctor. The nurse came flying into the room, and sure enough I was fully dilated and the baby was coming fast. I started pushing because my body was telling me to, and everyone was screaming at me to slow down and wait. The doc came running in and by this time the babys head was almost out. He was yelling for me to stop pushing and to just blow, and then he said go ahead. I pushed real hard and out she came! Ava Maylee arrived at 7:38 am, and I just laid there amazed on how fast it all happened, and how my body seemed to tell me what to do without any help. They laid her on my stomach for DH to cut the cord, and he was crying so bad, it took him a few mins to get it cut. She just laid there screaming her head off, and was pink as can be. They took her away, and she weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce and was 20 inches long.

I still can't believe how fast it all happened and how I dilated to 9 cm in my sleep with no contractions or pain. DH couldn't believe it either. This is our first child together, so I prepared him for the worst going off my girls deliveries. He just stood there and held my hand, and kept telling me how great I was doing. There wasn't much time for him to do anything else, it all seemed to be a blur. I couldn't of asked for a better delivery and I am so glad this journey is over and I'm holding my baby girl in my arms!

Old 12-09-08, 01:00 PM
is tired of sneezing
Mommy to 2 Boys

Thanked 117 Times
Weekly Activity 820%

On the afternoon of August 18 I went in to be induced. I was only fingertip dilated so they started the pill to soften the cervix hoping that would start labor. So by evening when it didnt work they said they would break my water and start pitocin in the morning. So they started pitocin at 8 am on August 19 at 8:30 they broke my water and at 9 I was able to get an epidural. I started feeling really weird pains and they check me and i was dilated and ready to go. Braxton Lee came into the world at 11:53 am weighing 7 lbs 7 oz 20 1/2 inches long with a whole head of dark hair.

Old 12-11-08, 06:22 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Ok, ready for a long story, well here it goes.... Sorry Too Much Information.

Started having contractions at 2 am. Started timing around 3-4 having every 3 minutes with each lasting 1 min. Got to hospital around 5 am, got checked after a while and was 4 cm, finally got a room around 7 am. Had blood drawn first and then wait for labs to get epidural, which wasn`t bad, the iv was worse, the epidural was a little burning pinch, trust me, contractions are a lot worse, thats when I was checked again and was 6 cm. At around 9 am doctor came to order poticin, started that and was feeling very good with epidural. At around 5 pm got doctors orders to start pushing, omg, didn`t feel a thing, didn`t know what I was doing. That`s when the epidural wore off on one side and started feeling contractions. Got a higher dose of epidural and still nothing, had numb one side only. They decided I should get taken off the epidural briefly to feel when I should push, all this time I`m still pushing there is huge amount of pressure back there on the rectal. Pushed and pushed, and he wouldn`t come down at one point he was sunny side up, (great, wasn`t like that until now) Waited but still a lot of pressure back there, oh, yes I pooped a lot while pushing,(TMI) that`s very embarrassing, very. They finally decided before getting a c-section to suction him out, he was dropping but not all the way. A vacuum was used to get his head under my pubic bone, that`s when I started pushing and his little head popped out, then pushed some more and there went his body. I finally met my little man, the propped him on my tummy and couldn`t believe my eyes. While they cleaned him up, I don`t know when the placenta came out, I didn`t have to push that out too. I did tear inside and got stitches, which didn`t hurt when getting sewn but not do hurt. If you have any questions, let me know, I`ll be happy to answer any of them.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools