Baby Corner

Old 12-11-08, 10:34 PM
MrsS1stbaby's Avatar
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northeast Florida
Posts: 3,488
Thanked 510 Times
Points: 685
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I didn't remember that I had written such a long story.....I will try to make it shorter.

As you most of you know, I had a scheduled c-section due to my lil bean was breech. I did not have any contractions or losing of the mucus plug before-hand, so I cannot say I experienced any labor. We woke up at 4:30am on Monday the 14th and made sure we had everything we needed in our bags. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am to check in. Kendall was moving in my stomach and pushing her feet against me. It was so wierd to think that in just a few hours I would be seeing those feet. We checked in through the ER and a L&D nurse came down to take us up. The hospital was very quiet, it didn't seem like anyone else was there. We were shown into a birthing suite and found out that would be our room afterwards as well.

I got changed into the gown and they hooked me up to an IV and the non-stress test to check on the baby's heartbeat. A nurse came in with clippers to shave me and then the dr came in to go over what was going to happen. I also had to take an antacid and sallow some sour-tasting stuff for naseusa. (sp?) My Dh later said he was a little nervous for me, but he did really well not showing it. My parents came in to say hello before the surgery, which was scheduled for 7:30am. The ansitheiologist (sp?) came in to introduce himself and ask me a few questions. We were ready to go.

At around 7:00am, they wheeled me across the hall and then I had to walk to the operating table. It was FREEZING in that room. Thankfully they have all these warmed blankets that they drape over you. The rest of it went pretty quickly. When they gave me the spinal, the numbing shot hurt worse to me then the needle for the spinal. About 1 minute after I got the spinal, I started shaking uncontrollably, which I had heard that sometimes happens. It seemed like it took about 7 minutes or so for it to fully take affect, as I kept cracking/wiggling my toes. The dr prepped the incision site and the catheter was placed in. Then my Dh came in and sat by my head. I never knew when they started cutting and wasn't sure what was going on, but then I heard the suction-thing and figured they must have started. The 2 doctor's doing the surgery were chit-chatting the whole time about Sea World and some convention they all went to the weekend before. It was kinda funny. The ansethiologist sat behind me the whole time; he was really nice. My arms were strapped to table, out by my side, but Dh was able to hold onto my left hand for a little bit. He said my teeth were chattering the whole time; I couldn't stop the shaking!

The dr had mentioned that they were going to say, "Okay dad, we are bringing her out" so that Dh would know to look, but they forgot! They did tell me I would feel some pressure and the ansethesiologist told my Dh they were pushing on my stomach to help the baby come out. Dh rose from his stool and next thing I know I hear her crying! It was amazing! I was in shock and was like, "Oh, she's here! That's it?" My Dh said she was beautiful and took a couple pictures. Then he went around to watch them weigh her and cut the cord. She was crying the whole time and I couldn't see anything, which kinda sucked. Then Dh came back around and they handed her to him all swaddled and he showed her to me. She was gorgeous and so tiny! I think my first words were "She has your nose!" He brought her in close and I gave her a kiss, and then they both went to the nursery. I though I would be more emotional, but all I could think about was getting off that table.

She was 6 lbs, 10oz and 19.7 inches long, born at 7:51am. Surgery had started at 7:42am.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 09:35 AM
Community Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 22
Thanked 1 Time
Points: 1
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

On September 17th I went to my moms house for a tastefully simple party and just didn't feel like my self. That same day we fall cleaned my bathroom and livingroom! I went to be around midnight and woke up around 1:00 a.m. with a few contractions. I laid there and my husband told me that I wasn't in labor to go back to bed. They started to get stronger!! I decided to go into the bathroom and shave my legs, because I couldn't have stubble! Right after I was done I felt a trickle run out of me. I was thinking to myself omg I am leaking pee!! I went running into the bedroom because at this point everytime I moved I leaked, with a towel inbetween my legs screaming at my hubby to get up. He told me I just wet myself and to lay back into bed. At this point I called the doctor and told her what was going on and she told me to head to the hospital. My husband still didn't believe me that this baby was coming today! So we argued about bringing the bags because he thought that we were coming home!! We set out for the hospital and got there around 2:45 a.m. They checked me and said that my water did break and that we were staying. I looked at my husband and said "told you so!" Needless to say it was going to be awile before any baby! I was a fingertip dilated and -2 and 0 % efaced! They decided to start the pit!! The nurse put it on high and I had contractions every minute! I thought I was going to die. OMG that stuff is horrible! I was screaming that I wanted my epidural and I only wanted it from the doctor that I worked for. They told me he came in at 7:00, so there was me laying there in pain calling him on his cell to come up and give me my epidural. O.k. all is good, it was in. Now I had to deal with the babies heart rate drop into the 30's and flatline twice. They had to keep turing off the pit because he wasn't handling it. Now by 5:00 I was begging for a c-section. (I wanted one in the first place) I was only 5-6cm and 100%. My ob was oot so I had his partner. I had them call her and she didn't want to leave the office so she wanted me to try to go natural. Even though the baby wasn't doing good. She came in and said that I was still 6cm and she was going to check me in an hour. She came an hour later and checked me I was still the same. She said that she was going to come back around 8:00 and if there was not changes that I was going to end up with a c-section! She came in and I was starting to swell, I was now 5cm. They came in and took me for my section around 9:30. At that point it was rush, rush, rush!! Eventough I wanted the section I was scared! I am laying there thinking OMG I can feel my toes. My epidural wore off a couple of times during labor and I was not to confident that I would have a good epidural during the surgery! Here we go. My hubby was at my head and I was starring at the ceiling thinking is this almost over? Finally they were at the point of pulling him out and I was relieved. My epidural was wearing off again!! I felt everything! Tyler Joseph made his grand entrance into the world September 18th at 9:51 p.m weighing in at 6 lbs. 10 oz. and 20.5 in long. Mom and baby were moved to recovery and doing well! All of our family came in to see us and we were taken to mom and baby! I was too excited to sleep!!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 11:40 PM
Community Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6
Thanked 0 Times
Points: 1
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Baby Bennett is born- August 29, 2008

I have a "Lucky Knot" Baby:

On Friday, August 29, 2008- I was induced at 8am with baby #3 a week early so my mom could be there for the delivery (she flew to Maryland from California).

My other kids were 9 lbs 6 oz and 8 lbs 14 oz (both 40 wks ) so there was no problems concerning going ahead a week early. The doctor broke my water at approx 10 am after having my pitocen going for a while. The water breaking was the worst part of the whole day. My cervix is really ungodly long and it hurt so much. It was so far back that she was having a problem trying to puncture my water and I was having a problem ramming my head into the headboard of the hospital bed from the pain! but after it was over- all was well.

I got my epi at 11am and never felt anything more than tiny contractions the whole time (during my other labors, I received an epidural as well, but I didnt get it until I was already screaming in pain and couldnt keep my eyes open, and i could barely hold still long enough to get it done so this was a great change!!!!)

Towards the afternoon, myself, my mother, my husband and a friend who was present made bets on when we thought our little guy would arrive by. My mom and my friend decided on 4:00pm and 4:30pm. I chose 6pm and my husband chose 7pm.

I won!

Bennett Michael Gullion was born at 5:45pm EST. He was 8 lbs even and 20.5 in long! The most interesting thing was he was christened a "chinese lucky knot" baby by our doctor.

It turns out, that while he was still very tiny in my womb, he managed to knot his umbilical cord and as he grew, the knot did too and ultimately got tighter. However, as there were no complications and his health was perfect (usually with knots, there's problems with air and such) they consider it to be "good luck"! Go figure, huh?

So I got my good luck baby and now he's 5 months old and so far, the most easy going and sweet baby out of my three kids. I'm hoping he'll stay that way.

He was born during a very difficult time in my life and it's because of him, that I am keeping my head up and I know I can get through any obstacle.

There is nothing greater than the love of a child!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 08:52 AM
hayley27's Avatar
is excited to be TTC
mama to 2 boys
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dawsonville, GA
Posts: 1,152
Thanked 87 Times
Points: 1
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Colton was a double knot baby. It's really scarey to think about but we had no idea.
Reply With Quote
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.

Pregnancy | Fertility | Baby | Toddler | Free Baby Stuff! | Community | Baby Names

About Baby Corner | Advertising | Editorial | Contact Baby Corner | Terms of Use | Privacy Notice

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.