Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
Parents on the school bus for field trips?

Parents on the school bus for field trips?

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 03-11-08 | 01:13 PM
  • Are you allowed on the school bus for field trips? I've gone on most school field trips & rode the bus as long as there was room. This Thurs Rachel's class is going Whale Watching & I can go but I'm not allowed on the bus! The principal says its not the usual bus driver, and not all bus drivers will allow parents on the bus because its awkwrd if they have to discipline a child with his parent on board.

At 1st I was just ticked but the more I think about it, I'm wondering if I want my child on a bus I'm not allowed on! What don't they want me to witness? Ok, I know that sounds paranoid but do you kwim?

So I guess I'm driving & I'm going to drive Rachel as well. I asked her if she just wants to stay home & play hookey that day but she really wants to go. If it was my choice I would rather sleep in than drive 90 miles each way to get seasick on a boat. LOL!
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 03-11-08 | 01:17 PM
  • wow - that sounds very suspicious!

all the field trips that Sarah's been on required the chaperones to be on the bus with the kids.

and the busses are so squished, I had 1/2 my butt on the seat,and 1/2 hanging in the aisle trying to keep myself from plopping onto the floor the whole time.

• cynthia cynthia's Avatar 03-11-08 | 01:21 PM
  • For the field trips this year, parents had to follow the buses in their cars because the buses were so full. Teachers rode on the buses, but parents did not. It didnt have anything to do with discipline or preference of the bus drivers, it had to do with capacity on the buses. If just one class goes, or if there is room on the bus, then parents are allowed to ride.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 03-11-08 | 01:22 PM
  • No parents are allowed on busses here either. It's just the county law. They don't want the liability of more people on the bus.
  • tammiane tammiane's Avatar 03-11-08 | 01:39 PM
    For the field trips this year, parents had to follow the buses in their cars because the buses were so full. Teachers rode on the buses, but parents did not. It didnt have anything to do with discipline or preference of the bus drivers, it had to do with capacity on the buses. If just one class goes, or if there is room on the bus, then parents are allowed to ride.