Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Potty Training: Country Edition

Potty Training: Country Edition

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-09-10, 12:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 1700.91%
Default Potty Training: Country Edition

Well, Leslie finally took my advice!

On Tues. I felt like I was coming down with something bad, which turned out to be some type of laringytus or something and Leslie has had pretty bad cabin fever. The solution: Leslie, her mother, and all 3 kids went to our log cabin out in the country. This let me rest, and got her out of our house. I had told her to just let Theron run around naked in the front yard to potty train him. Well it worked by the end of there two days up there he was saying "pee pee" and going outside into the front yard!

Now today back home he asked Leslie to take his diaper off this morning and went into the bathroom and tried to climb up on the toilet! So, we'll see where this goes but the tried and true country method of just letting them run around naked for a while seems to have worked. Just in time too, because I sure hate to have to buy diapers for two kids!

Old 07-09-10, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 28.18%

Great! I tried that with my kids but they're prudish and hate being naked!

Old 07-12-10, 03:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 1700.91%

Since last week Theron has only been wearing diapers at night. He loves his "big boy" underwear and seems to take pride in not getting them dirty!

Old 07-12-10, 09:06 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%

awesome.... I wish I could do this... but at the beach all of the time and can't let her run naked!

totally worked with my boys....

Latest Articles
Benefits of Breastfeeding For a Year or Longer
Only 27% of mothers breastfeed their babies for one year, even though there are benefits abound. Learn the benefits of nursing your baby for a year or longer for both your baby, and for yourself.

October 2014 Celebrity Births and Pregnancy Announcements
Get the latest celebrity baby gossip including who recently has a baby, and who has just announced their expecting, in our monthly celebrity baby and pregnancy update.

2014 High Chair Buying Guide
If you are not sure which high chair to buy for your baby, take a look at our recommendations that are safe, and easy to use.

10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools