Baby Corner

Old 09-17-04, 02:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Quick update!

Yesterday was a cruddy day for a Jewish Holiday! We got hit by Ivan very hard. It took us almost 2 hours to get to my aunt's home...it should have taken 30 minutes! We only stayed to eat and then we drove back home, among many flooded streets. Last night my mom and step-dad came over and spend the night, they were out of power. We lost it many times but luckily it came back on every time. The kids are home today, no school, which is fine by me.

My latest on the kids is that Alex is now on Student Council, and he just went through try outs to be a MOE (Manning Oaks Elementry) TV reporter! Well his teacher called yesterday, not only did he get the job, but he's an anchor. This kid can not be stopped! He is now going for VP of the student council!

Emma is loving school and I hope she's starting to finally catch on to letter sounds. She is much more interested in learning this year than last...I hope this is a good thing! At a PTA function on Monday, her teacher approached me and told me she wanted me to know that "Emma is an angel and I love having her in my class!" I think we are over the hump!

Just wanted to share!

Old 09-17-04, 02:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Jan! Do ya'll have lots of flooding??? Georgia did get lots of wind and rain from Ivan. Glad you and yours are ok.

That Alex.... I swear he is gonna be famous one day!! So can we call him Mr. Anchorman!

Glad Emma is enjoying school. No surprise here that she is an Angel... we already knew that!

Old 09-17-04, 03:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks, I truly believe my child will be famous in some good way!

No flooding here, but tons of horrible flooding in our area!

Old 09-17-04, 05:29 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

I agree about Alex! I need to make sure I remeber the name Alex Toor!

Too bad about your rotten holiday but I'm glad you hear you don't have any damage from flooding.

Old 09-19-04, 12:39 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so happy for Alex - you must be very proud! I still remember him doing a "show" for me when I visited all those years ago.

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Joanne
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools