Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Recipies

Reply Post New Topic

• BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 08-22-07 | 03:38 PM
  • Post your recipies below to share with the group, so that we can find what we are looking for and don't need to search numerous threads

• CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 08-22-07 | 04:29 PM
  • Ok Jen since you've already succumbed to the chocolate, it can't hurt to add some dessert to this thread!

"Hello Dollies"

1 cup of graham crumbs
    2-3 tbsp melted butter
    1 cup choc chips
    1 cup coconut
    1 cup nuts/skor bits/raisins/marshmallows or whatever!
    1 can of sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 325F. Spread the melted butter on the bottom of a 9X13" baking dish and sprinkle on graham crumbs. Sprinkle over that the toppings (use at least 3! I used choc chips, coconut, skor bits and raisins but I only used 1/3 cup of raisins.)
    Spread the can of condensed milk evenly over the entire thing and bake for 25-30 minutes

Done! no mixing bowl or anything!
  • Susan Susan's Avatar 08-23-07 | 03:58 PM
  • that sounds good ...i think i'll make that for the kids tonight

• BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 08-26-07 | 01:28 AM
  • This is one of my favorite recipes for parties...mmm, I love it, I also make a batch and freeze it in individual little buns, like hoagie ones, then defrost and heat when DH or I want a little treat!

Spinach Dip

1 package frozen spinach
    2 – 8oz packages of cream cheese
    1-cup mayonnaise
    1-cup medium cheddar (grated)
    2 tsp dill
    cup green onion
    2 cloves garlic (crushed)
    cup bacon bits (made from scratch)
    Salt & pepper

Cook spinach and drain well. Mix the rest of the ingredients on a low mixer setting. Add spinach. Place the mixture in a hollowed out loaf of bread. The bread should be hollowed out to about inch on each side, saving the top piece for a cover. Wrap the bread in foil and bake for 2 hours at 350 degrees. Cut another loaf of bread for dipping.

Note: We like using tortilla chips for dipping.
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 08-26-07 | 01:29 AM
  • You might all think putting zucchini in cake is gross, but this is quite yummy

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1/4 cup soft margarine
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup sour milk (I use 1/2 cup plain yogurt instead)

Add:

2 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp cloves
    4 tbsps. cocoa
    1 3/4 cups sugar
    2 cups zucchini - shredded

Mix these ingredients together. Pour in baking pan - sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 325 degrees. I bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees in cupcake cups.