Baby Corner

Old 09-01-07, 05:46 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 110%

i totally just made this.. yes the girl who cannot cook... this gives hope to you ladies who don't cook... holly and jenni? maybe?

Bananna Pudding

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6 to 8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Old 09-01-07, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Okay, one question about this, what are chessman cookies, I don't think we have pepperidge farm in Canada...could I just use a Graham Cracker crust?

Old 09-01-07, 08:40 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 110%

check that out...

i'm sure you could use graham crackers... chessman cookies don't taste like that though... or you could always use vanilla waffers...

Old 09-01-07, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

We definetely don't have those here, but we do have vanilla wafers, I will try that

Old 09-02-07, 09:01 AM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Ok here's my mom's swedish meatball recipe!!

For the meatballs
4lb ground beef
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper
onion salt and garlic powder to taste

For the sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 a small bottle of ketchup (5oz)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1.5 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with cold water (**to be added last)

Roll into small balls
Cook in a baking dish @325 for 1/2 hour.
Stir halfway through
Drain well and add sauce

For the sauce, bring to a boil in a pot on the stove. Slowly thicken with the cornstarch mixture. Add more cornstarch mixture as needed (but do it slowly!) After it's all thick (trust me you'll know when it's done!) you pour it all over the meatballs!

It's really important to be careful to slowly boil the sauce. All that sugar will easily burn! You're going to want to use a whisk to mix it so it doesn't get lumpy when it thickens.

Latest Articles
Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools