Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Reflux update and mother's intuition

Reflux update and mother's intuition

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-01-09, 07:52 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Reflux update and mother's intuition

Sometimes you should just really follow your gut! Since DD was diagnosed with acid reflux last Tues we did indeed try the rice cereal in her breastmilk.. It actually really helped so for the first three days- she was feeling great and sleeping well, but then....oh my. She got constipated- poor kiddo. So I called the doc on Friday and he recommended that we reduce how much rice cereal and he referred us to the GI doc. She had a rough weekend, so we went back to the doc yesterday. She has pooped a couple of times, but her usual was a few times a day. So, yesterday he recommends that we give her JUICE to ease the constipation! She's only 6 weeks old doc! I also had him give us a Zantac prescription until we can see the GI doc. We did try the juice/water last night- only about half an ounce, but it did NOT agree with her- my mother's intuition told me that it wouldn't work, but I tried it anyway. Poor thing- it really hurt her tummy and made things worse. I am SO glad I asked the doc for the prescription- we started giving her the Zanatac today (no more rice cereal) and so far so good. You ladies were all right, but you want to trust your pediatrician! Anyway, she now weighs in at 8 lbs. and is feeling much better today after a rough night- hopefully she will continue to feel better.

Old 09-01-09, 08:01 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1187.14%

I understand wanting to trust the doc. Good for you on insisting on the Zantac.

I hope she stays feeling good and gaining weight.
Thank you lauralkemp!
Mark'sbabygirl (09-01-09)

Old 09-01-09, 08:42 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am glad he gave yo uthe RX and hope she contiunes to improve, tummy issues at that age are the worse.
Thank you MImom23!

Old 09-01-09, 09:06 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

I know what you are going through right now. Parker had these issues. We tried the rice, the juice, had to go 8 hours without feeding so he could have and Upper GI series done, but he finally grew out of it. I hope that Miss Hope gets to feeling better soon. Nothing worse than watching a baby suffer with something like this.
Thank you Keepers!

Old 09-01-09, 09:25 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Sending BIG hugs for you and Hope. Hopefully things will improve with the Zantac and you'll be seeing a new, happy, content, healthy side of her in no time.

Thank you Dopey406!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools