Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
Reversing letters & numbers

Reversing letters & numbers

Reply Post New Topic

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 10-13-04 | 07:08 PM
  • I've noticed lately that Milo is really reversing his 2's and 5's and I am worried that he may be dyslexic like one of his older brothers. I also know that reversing letters and numbers is very common and normal in children this age. Anyone else seeing this too to give me reassurance that he may well just grow out of this?
  • janney janney's Avatar 10-13-04 | 07:20 PM
  • Emma reverses her J's and 2's. For her, I think it's very common for her age. I can't speak to dyslexicia since I have no experience with that. Her teacher didn't mention it as a problem at our conference.
  • Diane1212 Diane1212's Avatar 10-13-04 | 07:28 PM
  • With Connor, it's 4's and 9's that get reversed.

When he was 4, he would write his name backwards, but not just the order of the letters, it was like a mirror image. I don't think I could do it if I tried! I asked his preschool teacher and she said it was common and he stopped doing it somewhere along the line.
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 10-13-04 | 08:24 PM
  • yep DD is the same she has been writing the first letter of each kid in her class and she writes a few backwards. J G Z 2 5 S
  • JoanneE JoanneE's Avatar 10-13-04 | 09:12 PM
  • Kaylie writes some letters backwards and also numbers. Our nanny, who studied early childhood education, assures me it's normal. DH has mild dyslexia and thus we're keeping an eye on it.

Jo