Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Roxanne's 1st day at School was Tuesday

Roxanne's 1st day at School was Tuesday

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-08-04, 10:30 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Roxanne's 1st day at School was Tuesday

It killed me to go to work at 7 a.m. yesterday and let Brad do his usual morning drop-off duties for the 1st day of school. I was so anxious, sitting at my desk and reading the 100's of e-mails from a week's vacation. Luckily, I could phone Brad for an update and also talk to my sister to see how my niece Maddie did with her 1st day of kindergarten. Maddie's quote: "All we did was sit in a circle and learn rules, rules, rules!"

The school placed Rox in a K/1 combination class, Hooray! I met Roxanne's pretty teacher after school, and she looked so familiar that I asked her if she had gone to my old high school, and she had, in my sister's year! Roxy said she loved school, it was great, but didn't want to tell me any details.

Two after-school teachers from Hopscotch were waiting for the kids, and they had matching ponchos for the kids and the cutest "rope" for walking that had brightly colored foam donuts every two feet for each kid to grab onto. We had a fine walk to the studio, and then Roxanne took a hip-hop dance class while I went grocery shopping. Tomorrow is after-school tumbling and spanish class for the regular Wednesday 1/2 day.

Roxy's homework was to find something red in the house and place it in a brown lunch bag, then think up a clue to what the object might be. The 1st graders were supposed to write down the clue on the bag, no problem for Roxanne to accomplish. Also 20 minutes of reading or being read to every night. I had about three forms to fill out as my homework.

What a momentous day!

Old 09-08-04, 11:17 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

YEA!!! I'm glad she had a good day and likes school. I had a feeling she would take to it like a duck to water! The K/1 combo sounds like a great thing. I wish they had that at our school.

Daniel had similar homework. He had to find something that starts with an A and think of three clues (we did Almond and his clues were It's Brown, It's A Nut, and It's shaped like a rain drop).

I hope today goes well!

Old 09-08-04, 01:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Sounds like a great first day!

Old 09-08-04, 03:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Sounds perfect!

Old 09-08-04, 05:34 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

Yea! sn't it wonderful that they like it so much!

I like they way Hopscotch did the rope with the circles! Great idea for keeping them together for the walk over.

LOL funny about Maddie complaining about the rules rules rules

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools