Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

RUDI

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 11-03-09 | 11:44 AM
  • We are visiting Milwaukee for Thanksgiving to visit Mike's family... and we are driving into Chicago one day!

Any suggestions?
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 11-03-09 | 01:51 PM
  • I'm not from Chicago, but I used to live really close to Milwaukee! I used to go there about every other weekend to visit my Mom, and most of my family still lives in or near Milwaukee

Thank you koala_kaper!
brandimichelle (11-03-09)
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 11-03-09 | 02:10 PM
  • Oh, awesome! Navy Pier is always a good bet, and the Children's Museum there is fun. The Ferris Wheel is always running year-round, and you get spectacular views from it. There's also American Girl Place, which is three stories of dolls, doll clothes and such. I don't know if Avery likes dolls, but I like going there!

For food, I highly recommend Bandera on Michigan Avenue. It's not too frou-frou, but really yummy steaks, rotisserie chicken, ribs, salads, cornbread, etc. Chicago style pizza is always a great option too. I recommend Lou Malnati's in the city or Silo in Lake Bluff north of the city. You could stop at Silo on your way up to Milwaukee. I personally think they have the best pizza in Chicagoland.

I love the Museum of Science and Industry, but I think it'd be a little over Avery's head right now. I have a membership, but I haven't taken the boys yet.

Let me know when you're coming in. Maybe I could cruise out to the city and meet you for lunch or something. Lemme know.
Thank you rudolphia!
brandimichelle (11-03-09)