Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

RUDI

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 11-03-09 | 11:44 AM
  • We are visiting Milwaukee for Thanksgiving to visit Mike's family... and we are driving into Chicago one day!

Any suggestions?
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 11-03-09 | 01:51 PM
  • I'm not from Chicago, but I used to live really close to Milwaukee! I used to go there about every other weekend to visit my Mom, and most of my family still lives in or near Milwaukee

Thank you koala_kaper!
brandimichelle (11-03-09)
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 11-03-09 | 02:10 PM
  • Oh, awesome! Navy Pier is always a good bet, and the Children's Museum there is fun. The Ferris Wheel is always running year-round, and you get spectacular views from it. There's also American Girl Place, which is three stories of dolls, doll clothes and such. I don't know if Avery likes dolls, but I like going there!

For food, I highly recommend Bandera on Michigan Avenue. It's not too frou-frou, but really yummy steaks, rotisserie chicken, ribs, salads, cornbread, etc. Chicago style pizza is always a great option too. I recommend Lou Malnati's in the city or Silo in Lake Bluff north of the city. You could stop at Silo on your way up to Milwaukee. I personally think they have the best pizza in Chicagoland.

I love the Museum of Science and Industry, but I think it'd be a little over Avery's head right now. I have a membership, but I haven't taken the boys yet.

Let me know when you're coming in. Maybe I could cruise out to the city and meet you for lunch or something. Lemme know.
Thank you rudolphia!
brandimichelle (11-03-09)

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!