Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers School Closed do to illness....

School Closed do to illness....

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-18-09, 02:37 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs up School Closed do to illness....

finally. as bad as that sounds, my kids have gotten some tummy bug twice in the past month and a half. Starting with my 2nd grader DS then 3 or 4 days later the other 2 get it, they don't have a fever and no warning they just

and at most it has been 4 times and the next morning they are begging to eat something,

to which I start with them having gramh crackers and work our way to more from there. A nurse friend of ours says it sounds bacterial and DS is bringing it home and it is taking a few days to incubate and then the girls get sick.

So I am hoping they sanitize the entire school building Preschool - 12th grades and this is the end of this bug.

on the other hand we have a 4 day weekend now and some fresh snow on the ground so maybe we will getting some sledding in.

Old 02-18-09, 03:50 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hope tehy feel better whiel tehy have their day off. It's sad that it has come to that.

Old 02-18-09, 05:09 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope they're better and the school gets sanitized properly.

Our school has had one heck of a time with the rotovirus (or something similar) this year.
it started right off the bat in Sept and October...
It sort of calmed down for a while and then we had oodles of snow and shut down for the holidays so I was hoping that all the 'non-contact' that people were doing for 3 weeks of snow (it was really bad snow that makes you not go anywhere) that the virus' that had been running amuck had lost their sting during that time.

the past month has been awful. Probably a new stomach but but now also a 'cold' that is a bad stuffy nose, sore throat and fever.

The school is constantly sending in the cleaners to bleach down the classrooms and the nurse has sent home letters warning to keep the kids home.
But the healthroom has been FULL of sick kids the past month.

I'm getting over that 'cold' that I think one of my Girl Scouts gave me...

The illnesses have been so bad we've made the local news.

never the way you want to make the news...

Old 02-18-09, 08:14 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

the 4the grade class was down to 9 kids from 25 today, and the senior class had 3 kid, there are normally around 25 of them also.
I am just glad the school is finally trying to do something about it.

Old 03-06-09, 11:59 AM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow! That is bad! I hope they disinfect those schools extremely well.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools