Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Sharyn, tell us about Rachel's party!

Sharyn, tell us about Rachel's party!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-19-04, 10:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Sharyn, tell us about Rachel's party!

How many people did you have? Did you get to have fun, too, or was it too hectic? Give us the scoop!

Old 12-20-04, 02:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Yes inquiring minds want to know!

Old 12-20-04, 05:15 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

It was hectic but fun & I think the kids all had fun. I bought waaaaay too much food, I must have thrown out about 2/3 of it. Everybody loved the pizza bread though!

We had 20 kid guests & 19 adult guests but 2 families (relatives) came early & left earlier, and then 1 came just to bring a gift & only stayed about 1/2 hr because they had company over. I thought it was sweet of them to bring the gift! So it was a managable crowd! It was about 60 degrees (no wind thank goodness!) & we had the bouncer & swingset plus I took out some of the non-destructable toys to play with & most people stayed outside. We tried games but they didn't work too well. Rachel had the idea of a ringtoss over a unicorn horn & that was ok, but they all cheated on the pin-the-horn-on the unicorn game so I gave up on that one. I was about to start doing hot-potato but somebody mentioned they had to leave soon so we did the cake instead. Then I forgot to get out the pinata! :duh: Oh well, the girls are in school on Tues/Thurs this week so I'm going to see if I can bring it to do in the classroom on Tues.

Rachel got a ton of loot. I didn't even give her our gifts because there was too much stuff! She got 2 luv cubs & right away gave one to Leanna who loves it so that worked out great. Both grandmas also brought gifts for Leanna so she didn't feel too left out but I did have to remind her a few times that her birthday is coming up in 2 months.

This morning I woke up with my head spinning! Too much excitement??

I'm ok now & I've spent all day getting rid of trash & also trying to get rid of some of the old toys...since my girlies are preoccupied with the new stuff. Rachel still saw me hauling a bag out to the garage but I promised her I was just saving it to make room & not throwing it out. I"m saving it for the goodwill

Old 12-20-04, 05:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like it turned out great!

Old 12-20-04, 06:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I always throw out toys when my kids are not looking with the promise that they are going into the basement! Emma got a Luv Cub for her birthday and she really does play with it!

I am glad it was a fun time for all!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools