Baby Corner

Old 11-10-05, 04:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default So, Jackie...

How are you feeling these days? I just noticed that it won't be long until the baby is here. Do you have names picked out yet? (sorry if you have already mentioned them, I don't remember.)

Just wanted to see how you were doing!

Old 11-10-05, 05:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks for asking. I'm feeling pretty good overall. I am sometimes tired and when possible I squeeze in a short nap while Andrew's napping. We're still not ready for the baby as we're not quite done with the nursery, but we're getting close. The kids are getting very excited to meet the baby. We took them all to a new sibling class at the hospital and they loved it - especially Andrew.

If it's a girl, she will most likely be Jessica Love Setera. We have always used a family name for a middle name and we're out of girl's names that we like (Elizabeth Marie covered myself, my mom, both of my grandmothers and both of Mike's grandmothers), so we'll be using my maiden name Love for a middle name.

If it's a boy, he's gonna be nameless!

We just cannot decide on or agree on anything. Part of the problem is that I'm being a stickler about the middle name. I really want to use John, after my dad. And John just doesn't seem to work with the few first names we both kind of like. Example: we both like Jacob. However, I just can't get past Jacob John Setera. It just doesn't seem to flow very nicely... Of course, last I heard Mike really liked Jacob. Today he may not like it at all. He's being so difficult!!

We are hard at work with our Christmas shopping and hoping to be done before the calendar turns to December. I most likely won't make it to Christmas, so I want to have everything done and ready well in advance so I don't have to worry about it after I bring home a new baby.

So, that's about all for us. Just gotta finish up all the things we've got started and we'll be ready to go.

Old 11-10-05, 05:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad to hear everything is going well! Won't be long now!

David came up with Daniel's name on the way home from McDonald's one Saturday afternoon. You never know when those names are going to pop up!

Old 11-10-05, 08:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Old 11-11-05, 01:03 AM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

I like Jessica Love.

I also like using family names. I wish we'd used either family names or given the girls my middle name, but when I had Rachel I expected her to be our one-and-only and I didn't want any family member to feel snubbed because I used a different relative's name. Kwim?

I used to not like names with the same 1st & 2nd sound like Jacob John. Now I think they sound ok. I don't know why my opinion changed.

I'm guessing you'll have a boy! You said you once thought you were able to tell from the u/s - and its easier to ID boy parts.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools