Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
Solved the problem of end-of-year teacher gifts!

Solved the problem of end-of-year teacher gifts!

Reply Post New Topic

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 08-30-04 | 02:23 PM
  • Pre-k has 5 teachers total in 2 rooms and they combine the rooms all the time, and the toddler room gets combined with the preschool room so theres 5 more teachers. Then they have 2 "floaters" who fill in for the teachers when they are out. I was going to just get something for the teachers in their own rooms but with combining the rooms so much they'll have one set of teachers in the morning & others in the afternoon when I pick them up they have others. And then if I included the other rooms it didn't seem right to leave out the floaters. So I know I'm kind of going overboard but I didn't want anybody to feel slighted.

Anyway, I met a friend for lunch and noticed all the bead jewelery she had made & asked her about it. We went to the bead store & bought supplies to make bracelets & its really simple & fun to make them. I got little hearts and clear crystals to go inbetween & I think they look really good. I think I have enough to make one for the preschool director too. I think I spent about $55 total so that comes to less than $5 each.

Phew! Problem solved! Now I just have to finish & wrap by Thurs!
  • JoanneE JoanneE's Avatar 08-30-04 | 02:36 PM
  • That's a great idea!!! I'll have to remember it in the future because CJ's preschool staffs in a similar way...
  • Diane1212 Diane1212's Avatar 08-30-04 | 04:09 PM
  • That is a good idea! I only had two to buy for, and got Starbucks gift cards for them.
  • janney janney's Avatar 08-30-04 | 04:53 PM
  • Wow, that's great! I have 6 Sunday school teachers and 3 school teachers to buy for! YIKKES