Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Spider bite?

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 09-16-09 | 08:53 PM
  • I think something bit Alex in his crib this morning. We took Charlotte to preschool and came home for a morning nap. When I went to get him out of his crib to go pick her up from school, he had this big red mark on his forehead. At first I thought maybe he'd just slept hard on that spot but then I realized it was raised.

It looks more "intense" than a moquito bite but doesn't feel warm to the touch or anything.

I'm wondering if it's a spider bite. He's been extra cranky tonight and has spit up an unusually large amount tonight (he's not usually a spitter).

Should I be concerned?

• Keepers Keepers's Avatar 09-16-09 | 09:34 PM
  • Hmm sounds like it could be what my nephew has. He got bite by something and it started looking like a blister/raised mark. So they took him to the doctor and he has infantigo. Keep a close eye on it and see if it spreads or your other kids get the same thing. I hope its nothing.
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 09-17-09 | 09:35 AM
  • Keep an eye on it, if it starts looking like a white head and feeling warm I would call the DR, DS had a fly bite that got infected, and got really groos.

I hope it is better today.
  • Susan Susan's Avatar 09-17-09 | 02:16 PM
  • hope it's better today...if it looks worse i would take him to the dr
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 09-17-09 | 02:34 PM
  • Thanks, ladies.

It seems to look better today and I can definitely tell that it is TWO bites instead of one. So maybe it was a mosquito that thought he was so sweet it decided to come back for seconds.

One bummer, though, is that he seems to have caught his daddy's cold so now he's sneezy and snotty.

We're getting the first cold out of the way, I guess.