Baby Corner

Old 06-30-10, 01:21 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%
Default Summer fun?

What kind of fun summer stuff have you all been into? What are you doing to keep busy? What have you found your little ones really like? And dislike to do?? Any fun stuff planned for the upcoming weeks?

Old 06-30-10, 01:29 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

We are on the go a lot. Some things we really enjoy are:
1. Dollywood: A local (well 1.5 hours away) amusement park with rides, shows, and amazing food. We spend at least a couple days a month here. Avery loves riding some rides and watching shows. We love to eat and get some kettle corn and a slushie. She loves to people watch here too. She'll just ride around in her stroller and watch people for the longest time. They also have a water area which is a great way to cool off in this horrid heat!

2. Chalk: We introduced Avery to chalk earlier this year and she is in love. We play with chalk several times a week. We love Crayola Sidewalk Crayons. The colors are amazing. I think her favorite is to help me draw rainbows.

3. Pool: We have a little pool for Avery, well Mike and I fit in it too, that we have set up at my grandparents house. Living in a condo is the pits and we have no where for stuff like that. My grandparents have the best yard so we set up the pool for her there and she loves it. She is such a fish. In a regular pool, she only uses water wings and jumps in and gets her face wet. She is going to be a little swimmer for sure!

4. Cookouts: We love to cookout in our family. We usually have a couple cookouts a month (at my grandparent's house) and invite random people to them. The last one had about 20 people and 5 kids! Mike loves grilling and we sit around and talk while the kids play in the pool or play ball or something. SO much fun.

We also will start FunFest here soon which is a week long "events" calendar where random things are going on... We are hopefully going to the parade one night and we'll go to a concert/picnic/fireworks one night. Hopefully we'll hit up something in between too. We leave to go back to the beach on July 25... and we cannot wait!

Old 06-30-10, 02:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%

We do all that stuff too a lot (except the Dollywood!). The kids also can't get enough of the good ole lawn sprinkler, they love running through it with our dogs.

Old 06-30-10, 05:24 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

sounds like fun

well we had a our vacation a few weeks back (majorca, spain) and Lucy adored every moment of it which of course made us so happy. She didn't like the water at first but within minutes was wading into the water until she was waist high. She loved eating out at night and just hanging out with us.

We are visiting the park, playing ball and flying kites and she spends alot of time in my SIL house, she minds kids during the day and has a great relationship with the kids she minds.

We are planning a few day trips and basically just spending time outdoors for the summer and making memories

Old 06-30-10, 05:36 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

The boys like to play baseball and swing outside, as well as race down the hill in our backyard and jump into the inflatable pool.

We also go swimming at our gym's pool, to the Children's Museum, the jumping play place, and the park. We're looking forward to Ribfest, a local festival this weekend, which has lots of kids activities and a carnival.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools