Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

summer plans

Reply Post New Topic

• bloominglikewinter 07-05-06 | 09:15 AM
  • hey just wondering if everyone is homeschooling through the summer and/or what everyone's plans are!!?

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 07-05-06 | 12:04 PM
  • I usually homeschool through the summer, but at a much more relaxed pace. I do that because it keeps the kids in the learning mode and Fall is less of a shock to them. This year I am just giving them a break though. They're having a lot of fun outside.

• tryinfr3rd tryinfr3rd's Avatar 07-05-06 | 02:08 PM
  • We are taking a break, but we are still reading books and Im going to try to hook Gavin up with a "pen pal" a friend of mine that lives up in Alaska (we are in WA) has a little boy the exact same age as Gavin (born same month and everything)

anyways I thought that would be a fun way to get the writing in during summer (and after) too

we also try to turn all the "fun stuff" into a bit of a learning experience too, like on walks we talk about the different plants or animals we see and etc

no big plans for trips or anything this year.....
  • loveslife 07-05-06 | 09:21 PM
  • We are continuing math through the summer. I just discovered
    Saxon homeschool version, and my kids really like it, so we
    are continuing on

Also digging into the study of different world
    religions......quite interesting I must say

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!