Baby Corner

Old 09-25-04, 01:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Tehya and Kindergarten Update

Ahhh its 10:24m on a Friday night and everyone is asleep! Time for me!!! So I decided to come on tbc and let you all know how Tehyabelle is doing at Kindy.

Not sure if anyone remembers but Tehya had a tough transition into preK with lots of seperation anxiety. For weeks (almost months) she cried when I dropped her off and then she stopped and then started up again. It seemed like every day she asked me "are you going to pick me up today" sort of like a security blanket statement. I dared not think of what entry to Kindy would be because I didnt' want to get my hopes up.

Well, I am VERY HAPPY to say that Tehya has transitioned into Kindy with flying colors. She is an awesome student and on her first day her Teacher pointed out her drawing talent and her great ability to listen and follow directions. She has already befriended a little girl named Hayla (who bi-racial Hawaiian/Caucasion) and always has good things to say about her day. She has commented that the days can be "long" but we tell her that she'll get used to it and that its still shorter than PreK was! So far she has had a Tea Party with her favorite stuffed toy, a share day with her big red stuffed toy Lizard, two parties for birthdays and "Mr. O Hero" came to visit! (hahahah). I am just so elated that things have gone so smoothly (knocking on wood).

The dilemma I face next week is finding childcare. I need to find someone who can pick Tehya up from school and watch her for a couple of hours. I am hoping that Linda can watch Maya and then walk to pick Tehya up. Linda lives a block from Tehya's school! Linda is the person that watched Tehya when she was a baby and worked out great for us. I'll let you all know what transpires when I talk to Disney on Monday.

Anyhow, thanks for reading my update.

Luv,
Bekkie

Old 09-25-04, 10:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sounds great!! I had wondered how TJ would make the transition to grade one becuase there is such a change - but they surprise us don't they? He has done great as well and is taking his work and home work very seriously and responsibly..

Sounds like you might have the perfect solution for childcare if that works out for you - is she still interested in babysitting or have you not spoken with her yet?

We'll be waiting for your post on Monday!

K

Old 09-26-04, 02:28 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1008.57%

Thanks for the update! It sounds like Teha is doing wonderfully! She is a little social butterfly isn't she

Old 09-27-04, 09:19 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Lucky you! I had a horrible transistion much like yours in pre school. Things are better now, thankfully. Good luck finding a good sitter!

Old 09-27-04, 11:13 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sounds like things are working out.Phew! Good luck with the childcare issue

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools