Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Two different hospitals, two different policies

Two different hospitals, two different policies

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-17-08, 03:23 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 6.21%
Thumbs down Two different hospitals, two different policies

I went to see both my friends in the hospital today, with Lukas in tow. The first hospital had no issue at all with my bringing him, and he behaved just fine (of course, I didn't bring Marek, since I knew he would be a disruption).

The second hospital would not permit me to go in with him, and they have a posted policy that even siblings cannot go in unless that have a written certification of health from a doctor (!) So I had to ask my friend to send her husband out to sit with Lukas in the lobby so I could go in quickly and see the baby.

I know a lot of hospitals have a policy against no non-sibling children, but it doesn't seem like any of them enforce the policy. The hospital I delivered in had that policy posted, but allowed my friend to bring her toddler in to visit me. That policy seems pretty draconian to me.

Old 06-17-08, 03:30 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Old 06-17-08, 03:53 PM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

They have a very very strict policy at the hospital where I delivered... but that's because a baby got abducted back in November. The lady made it to a town 7 hours away before they found her

So they're very very cautious now, but I can appreciate why.

But prior to that you used to be able to go in more than 2 at a time and with your own baby

Old 06-17-08, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

They changed the policy region wide where I live, which happened right before I had Ben, so only grandparents, and siblings and the father could come to the hospital... I ended up getting to see some other friends because I ended up in the GI unit this time and Bradley was in NICU

Old 06-17-08, 08:38 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 6.21%

Rudi, I deliverd at Cedars Sinai and now they wont let ANYONE under 12 without a written doctors note...under 12 and during RSV season is completely out (with or without) a docs note.

glad you got to see the babies though!

Latest Articles
When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools