Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

UGH!

Reply Post New Topic

• **Jennifer** **Jennifer**'s Avatar 07-09-08 | 02:23 PM
  • I just called to make Shelby's 4 mo appt (the 17th). They got her in no problem and I asked if she was going to be getting any shots and the girl said she would get a repeat of the ones she got at 2 mo! Those were awful! I think they poked her 3 or 4 times plus she got the oral vaccine which wasn't a big deal but the way she reacted to the shots was so awful. She cried for a good 10 min and I was crying too.

The boys never reacted that way and I never reacted that way to them getting shots so now I am dreading taking her for her appt next week.

I am going to beg DH to take her.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 07-09-08 | 02:29 PM

•  
    Oh.. poor baby.. the 2 month visit was terrible..
    Why must they torture these kids like that.. why not spread them out a bit ??
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 07-09-08 | 02:36 PM
  • I'm so sorry you both had such a hard time with the shots. I will pray that your DH will take her and she won't mind as much. Noah actually did ALOT better with the second round of shots at 4 mths so hopefully you experience the same thing.

• ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 07-09-08 | 03:18 PM
  • I spread L's 2 mo ones out-- so she only had 2... but it was awful enough with just the 2.... then she had 3 at 4mos- but tolerated them much better-- although she did get a fever this time.... we're going in next week to catch up with 3 more...
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 07-09-08 | 05:26 PM
  • Avery did so much better at her 4 month shots... she did run a low grade temp but that was when we were discovering the acid reflux as well so I'm not sure what to blame it on...

to mommy and baby!