Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers UGH!! Now he's having bus issues!

UGH!! Now he's having bus issues!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-30-04, 02:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default UGH!! Now he's having bus issues!

Dh called this morning from the bus stop saying Daniel didn't want to get on the bus. I talked to Daniel and he said he just didn't want to ride the bus (because was his answer). Apparently when the bus came, he pitched a huge fit and dh ended up taking him to school. (I would have walked him the bus myself I think).

Anyway, dh was pisssed and he was even later for work.

Daniel never did explain on the way to school why he didn't want to ride the bus. He rode it without issue (except for Friday - that's a different story) all last week. The only problem I know of is he complains that no one what's to sit with him (I think he's talking about the 4th and 5th graders he knows - but they aren't going to associate with a kindergarten, KWIM???)

We'll have to have a long talk when I pick him up to try and find out what the problem is. Driving him to school every day isn't an option since Dh would get to work later (the bus comes before the time he can be dropped off at school). So we may end up doing latchkey (Y program at the school) in the morning.

He was so excited about riding the bus. Now something is bugging him and I don't know what it is.

BTW - On Friday, I was off and walked him to the bus, so he didn't want to go to school because he knew I was staying home. It didn't have anything to do with not wanting to ride the bus. When I picked him up, he said that kindergarten rocks, so I know he had a good day!

Old 08-30-04, 03:04 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Does he always have the same driver? Maybe you can get some input from him/her?

I can imagine Rachel doing the same thing since she still hangs on me when I leave her in her class and then of course she has a great time.

Old 08-30-04, 03:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I believe the driver is the same. I'll see what he says this afternoon. Hopefully I'll catch his teacher today and see what kind of a day he had during school.

Old 08-30-04, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It does sound to me like someone might be teasing him..

I hope you get this resolved soon.

Old 08-30-04, 04:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It also sounds to me that maybe some of the older kids may be picking on him. I'd speak to the bus driver & see what he/she has to say. I pray you get it resolved, Melissa.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools