Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
UGH!! Now he's having bus issues!

UGH!! Now he's having bus issues!

Reply Post New Topic

• DanJoshMom DanJoshMom's Avatar 08-30-04 | 01:55 PM
  • Dh called this morning from the bus stop saying Daniel didn't want to get on the bus. I talked to Daniel and he said he just didn't want to ride the bus (because was his answer). Apparently when the bus came, he pitched a huge fit and dh ended up taking him to school. (I would have walked him the bus myself I think).

Anyway, dh was pisssed and he was even later for work.

Daniel never did explain on the way to school why he didn't want to ride the bus. He rode it without issue (except for Friday - that's a different story) all last week. The only problem I know of is he complains that no one what's to sit with him (I think he's talking about the 4th and 5th graders he knows - but they aren't going to associate with a kindergarten, KWIM???)

We'll have to have a long talk when I pick him up to try and find out what the problem is. Driving him to school every day isn't an option since Dh would get to work later (the bus comes before the time he can be dropped off at school). So we may end up doing latchkey (Y program at the school) in the morning.

He was so excited about riding the bus. Now something is bugging him and I don't know what it is.

BTW - On Friday, I was off and walked him to the bus, so he didn't want to go to school because he knew I was staying home. It didn't have anything to do with not wanting to ride the bus. When I picked him up, he said that kindergarten rocks, so I know he had a good day!
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 08-30-04 | 02:04 PM
  • Does he always have the same driver? Maybe you can get some input from him/her?

I can imagine Rachel doing the same thing since she still hangs on me when I leave her in her class and then of course she has a great time.
  • DanJoshMom DanJoshMom's Avatar 08-30-04 | 02:06 PM
  • I believe the driver is the same. I'll see what he says this afternoon. Hopefully I'll catch his teacher today and see what kind of a day he had during school.
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 08-30-04 | 03:09 PM
  • It does sound to me like someone might be teasing him..

I hope you get this resolved soon.
  • tjmom tjmom's Avatar 08-30-04 | 03:56 PM
  • It also sounds to me that maybe some of the older kids may be picking on him. I'd speak to the bus driver & see what he/she has to say. I pray you get it resolved, Melissa.