Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

ummmm, Mrs. Werling....

Reply Post New Topic

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 05-01-08 | 12:55 PM
  • so i called pedi today and asked to talk to a nurse, and she returned my call. i simply wantedt o know at Gavin's age how much formula they should be eating. i thought 30 ounces was way more then enough. i mostly called becasue he still needs to get up at 5 for a bottle, and wanted to see if thats normal. Ava slep 7-7 from 10 weeks old, so not used to this. i told the nurse why i was asking, and ya da ya da.. she paused for a moment and said , UMMMM mrs. werling, Gavin is sleeping for 10 hours aa noight, from 730-500, what more can you ask... so i paused and said, welll i guess i ask that since its no big deal to you, that you caome to my house and do the 5 am feeding. ... then she said any other questions ...

SO maybe i should not be complaining, i needed this rude nurse to point it out though....

Surprisongly though she said at 14 pounds a baby should sleep through the night. and can take anywhere from 32-42 ounces a day, which he takes 30.

so if i am under feeding my child, why does he have a huge squash, and why is he a fatty, says the same nurse who called me back.......

why is parenting so hard sometimes
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 05-01-08 | 12:58 PM
  • Diane, I'm so with you. I get flack for Noah being so big, but he eats 30 oz a day too, so not the max he could be taking. You could easily try adding 1 oz to each bottle and seeing if it helps him sleep longer.
    But boo on the rudeness of some people!!!!!!
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 05-01-08 | 01:01 PM
  • i did actually start giving 7 yesterday, a few bottles he finished it, but some not, oh well....
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 05-01-08 | 01:06 PM
  • Noah does the same thing. Sometimes he sucks back 8oz sometimes only 5.

• BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 05-01-08 | 01:09 PM
  • Same here... I think we are on the verge of being done with breastfeeding, Bradley had a bottle this morning, I made 4oz and he cried for more, made him 4 more and he sucked it back like nothing... I was shocked that he took 8oz!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work