Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

ummmm, Mrs. Werling....

Reply Post New Topic

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 05-01-08 | 12:55 PM
  • so i called pedi today and asked to talk to a nurse, and she returned my call. i simply wantedt o know at Gavin's age how much formula they should be eating. i thought 30 ounces was way more then enough. i mostly called becasue he still needs to get up at 5 for a bottle, and wanted to see if thats normal. Ava slep 7-7 from 10 weeks old, so not used to this. i told the nurse why i was asking, and ya da ya da.. she paused for a moment and said , UMMMM mrs. werling, Gavin is sleeping for 10 hours aa noight, from 730-500, what more can you ask... so i paused and said, welll i guess i ask that since its no big deal to you, that you caome to my house and do the 5 am feeding. ... then she said any other questions ...

SO maybe i should not be complaining, i needed this rude nurse to point it out though....

Surprisongly though she said at 14 pounds a baby should sleep through the night. and can take anywhere from 32-42 ounces a day, which he takes 30.

so if i am under feeding my child, why does he have a huge squash, and why is he a fatty, says the same nurse who called me back.......

why is parenting so hard sometimes
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 05-01-08 | 12:58 PM
  • Diane, I'm so with you. I get flack for Noah being so big, but he eats 30 oz a day too, so not the max he could be taking. You could easily try adding 1 oz to each bottle and seeing if it helps him sleep longer.
    But boo on the rudeness of some people!!!!!!
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 05-01-08 | 01:01 PM
  • i did actually start giving 7 yesterday, a few bottles he finished it, but some not, oh well....
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 05-01-08 | 01:06 PM
  • Noah does the same thing. Sometimes he sucks back 8oz sometimes only 5.

• BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 05-01-08 | 01:09 PM
  • Same here... I think we are on the verge of being done with breastfeeding, Bradley had a bottle this morning, I made 4oz and he cried for more, made him 4 more and he sucked it back like nothing... I was shocked that he took 8oz!