Baby Corner

Old 09-14-10, 03:25 PM
is loving being a parent
Mialee's Dad

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Talking Uno, dos, tres, cuatro....

So my wife comes into my bedroom this morning all excited. "Mike!" she says. "You're not going to believe what our daughter just did!"

I roll my eyes and say, "I'm not ever surprised by her anymore."

She ignores me, "I walk into the living room and there she is sitting in her high chair picking cherios out of her bowl and saying; "uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, sieta! She counted to seven in spanish out of nowhere!"

I laugh. "That's Mialee. Not surprised."

She is 25 months and counts to thirty in English on occassion, sings her ABC's and a lot of pop songs, and carries lengthy conversations with us already.

I read that some children start off fast and most of those slow down later on. I hope this is not the case. I need to find ways to keep her mind stimulated and to keep her intelligence growing at the pace it has been. I don't want her to slow down, I want a brainy kid!

Now... if only she'd get potty trained. I feel we are falling behind on this one...

Old 09-14-10, 09:06 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I don't think 25 months is late to potty train. My 4-year-old still doesn't use the toilet consistently, and Lukas, who's 2-1/2 hasn't ever gone on the potty.

Know what you mean about the out-of-the-blue skills. Both my boys have come out with things I don't remember teaching them. She's probably a Dora fan and picked it up from watching.

Old 09-14-10, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

That's great!

I wouldn't be in too big of a hurry though-- she has plenty of time to be "brainy." She'll only be a baby for a short time.

Old 09-15-10, 02:32 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

I was going to say I bet she is a Dora fan!

I feel like Avery is on the lower end of milestones, she walked later, crawled later, talked later, and I'm cool with that. I want her to stay little for as long as she can... she has the rest of her life to be advanced

)

Old 09-15-10, 05:10 PM
is loving being a parent
Mialee's Dad

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Yes, she is definately a Dora fan! And Diego!

I see the point of not pushing them to grow up too fast, I don't want that! But I do want her to continue to learn, and want to come up with ways to help this. I think back on how I didn't perform to my ability in school. I want Mialee to do much better and she seems very bright. I want to take advantage of this.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools