Baby Corner

Old 09-07-04, 02:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Up and down weekend!

It's been so long, I can't even remember what happened on Friday evening!

To start off the weekend, dh was out cleaning out his car at 1:30 in the morning and witnessed some stupid teenagers knock over the port-a-potty at the corner of our yard (they are working on the house next door and across the street). He saw their truck and saw them go into the house three doors down. This is not the first time this has happened, so dh calls the cops who talked to dh and talked to the kid and the dad who lives in the house (the kid is the daughter's boyfriend who is apparently living in the house too). The dad asked the cops if they had anything better to do and the cops searched the truck and talked to the kids. Then they came back and talked to dh and said there was nothing they could do. Dh was pissed!!! Now we have to worry about the kids coming back to do something to our house (we already our dh's car antennae and our Christams lights cut last winter). Plus now there is tension between us and our neighbors. GREAT!

Anyway, Saturday was a better day. DH and FIL worked on the basement all day and the boys and I went to a birthday party for one of Josh's friends. Then we all went out to dinner and out for ice cream and back to the IL's house.

Sunday Josh and I went to church while Dh and Daniel cleaned up the house. After lunch we started working on cleaning out the basement to get yard sale stuff ready (MIL is having a yard sale on Friday/Saturday). Then we went to my mom's for dinner and playing around.

On the way home, the van died. We pulled over on the interstate and called AAA to send out a tow-truck. BIL came to rescue the boys and I and everyone was there within 20 minutes (Thank GOD!) So my van was towed to the dealer and it sat there until this morning.

Yesterday, Dh had to work until 3, so the boys and I went through the toy room with a fine tooth comb and got rid of two boxes full of toys and one trash bag! It looks so much better (although there still is a ton of stuff!) When Dh got home, we went to IL's for dinner and the boys got to swim one last time before FIL closes the pool.

This morning, I went to the dealer to see about getting the car fixed. The guy asked how much gas was in the tank. I told him 1/4 which is what the gauge said. He said are you sure? Yes, that's what the gauge said. So he went out and knocked on the gas tank under the car and said it's empty!

So, they put 5 gallons in and it started right up!

again. Actually there was a problem with the fuel level thingy which is inside the fuel pump, so they had to replace that this morning and I was there for about 3 hours!

Now I'm back at work and trying to muddle through the afternoon!

Yet another exciting weekend!

Old 09-07-04, 03:37 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My goodness, Meliissa, you had a crazy weekend! I think y'all did the right thing to call the cops on that kid. I'm surprised the police didn't do anything. Did the kids outright deny it?

Anyway, I'll report on our weekend! Friday I had the day off because our nanny wanted the day off. Calandra had a long playdate with her best friend in the morning. I picked her up after lunch and we went to the mall. I got the Pocahontas Halloween costume Kaylie has begged for, and CJ asked to get Tinkerbell shoes so she can wear them with Kaylie's costume from last year. Even though I think those little dress-up shoes are ridiculously expensive, I got them because they were cheaper than a whole new costume would have been.

After I got Kaylie from school she had a playdate with a boy from school, and CJ played with that boy's sister. They had a great time.

On Saturday we headed for YMCA Family Camp. The camp is in the mountains about 45 minutes from our house. It's a very rural area even though it's close to the city. We shared a cabin with friends. The camp staff provides all the food and they had a ton of activities. The arts & crafts area was amazing! CJ rode a horse, Kaylie tried archery, they both did the "zip line" (which was totally fun), and we made a ton of art things. There was campfire every night and my kids did a performance of Little Bunny Foo-Foo on skit night. A couple of Kaylie's friends from school were there (in addition to our cabin-mates' son who she has known since she was 6 weeks). Kaylie and CJ definitely want to go again next year!

Monday we got home around 2pm. CJ took a long nap. Kaylie went to a friends' house to play. I tried to work on a paper that was due this morning but I'm still working on it (ugh). Of course there was a ton of laundry to do. DH worked on his combat robot, which has a big competition in a month.

Overall, it was a great weekend!

Jo

Old 09-07-04, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

OMGosh !! What a weekend! That's exhausting!! Glad your van was only the gas - no costly repairs at least!!

Old 09-09-04, 12:28 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Did they knock the port-a-potty out by backing into it with the truck, or just tip it over for fun by shoving it? Help me out, I'm slow today, but curious! - Judy

Old 09-09-04, 09:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Judy - They tipped it over on by shoving it. And yes, Joanne, they did deny it. Of course, what else would a teenager do?

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools