Baby Corner

Old 05-15-10, 06:39 AM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Update on Ava

Ava is 19 months now, and we had her 18 month old check up 2 weeks ago. She's still on the small end of the spectrum weighing in at 23 pounds and 34 inches long. The doctor is a little concerned about this, so she has advised us to give Ava protein shakes twice a day to help increase her calories intake. Im not that worried about it at all, my mom says she was told the same thing about me every time she took me to the doctor because I was so skinny. She eats everything we put in front of her, she's not a picky eater, and always asks for seconds or even thirds of whatever we give her. But nonetheless, we are giving her the Instant Carnation Breakfast Chocolate flavor; and she loves it. Just to be on the safe side, the doctor ordered a series of blood tests so Im not looking forward to taking her for that.

But other than the weight, everything else looks good. She is not showing any signs of Autism, which is a huge sigh of relief for us. Ava is very active and into everything. You cant leave a glass on a table or a pen lying around, or she'll swipe it and make a huge mess. She loves to run around with her sisters and play, and she loves our dog Tess. She is very vocal and is saying a ton of words and has started to put 2 words together. And of course, she has a temper like something fierce. Man, she hates to be told No or have something taken from her by her sisters. She will throw herself on the floor and scream. It makes my hair stand on end lol. She defintely is the most active out of the 3 girls and I will admit, I really do have my hands full!!! Here are some recent pictures of her. I hope everyone else is doing well.

~Amber
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-15-10, 09:22 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

She looks great! Some kids run on the big side and some on the small side. That's where the average comes from, after all.

Thank you rudolphia!
onemellogirl (05-15-10)

Old 05-15-10, 10:26 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

She is adorable! I agree with Rudi; Kendall's on the small side too. And from the sound of it, they also are very similiar in temperment! I always told people when I was growing up that great things come in small packages, lol!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
onemellogirl (05-15-10)

Old 05-16-10, 03:55 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 1020%

I wouldnt worry about her size if you know she is healthy and eating well. My youngest is the same way. At 1 year she was only 16 pounds 9 ounces so they ran a whole bunch of tests and they all came back normal. The dr said she will probably just be very petite. She was 21 pounds at 2 and she just turned 3 and was 26 pounds so needless to say she has stayed pretty small but she is very fiesty and there is definetly nothing wrong with her. You are the mother and you know best so I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Thank you Mommy2KNIH!
onemellogirl (05-18-10)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools